Eifel, Germany. 2021

1 hour ago, Copycat73 said:

so .. has this crossing been booked from a voucher ..because last years bookin was cancelled  by corvid ?

Nope: it's a fresh booking made for this trip.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Copycat73 said:

so .. has this crossing been booked from a voucher ..because last years bookin was cancelled  by corvid ?

No. Last years trip wasn’t cancelled, though in the event it was just me and I went on a recce to the Dolomites.

Edited by Gerontious

I have been given a voucher to use as I couldn’t push my booking back any further. It’s to the value of my booking last year and I have 12 months to use it. 

I haven't given up all hope. yet.

The Schloss know the situation but have not asked me anything about cancelling, Im not expecting them to unless or until they are approached for a booking for our week in which case I think its only fair to cancel at that point. Which I will do.

Then there is the possibility of going to France, this might be the more likely outcome.  A mad autoroute dash east from the Tunnel to the Vosges on the Sunday, 4 days there and then a slightly more relaxed ride back to Calais over 2 days. Perhaps returning to the Municipal site at Eperney for the overnight on the Friday. Something like that. I will find out the exact rules about Germany, if we can enter even if we cannot 'stay'. The Vosges are just across the Rhine from the Black Forest and it would be nice to visit for a day trip, so to speak. And revisit the south end of the B500 to the Swiss border.

But all this depends on what happens over the next 8 weeks. It's beginning to get a little tight. But.. there is still hope. Changes especially once the School holidays begin, changes that will perhaps carry over to when the School holidays finish. 

All we can do is wait and see.

• Like 2