Biker Cafes and Meeting places map

Stu

• 2 months later...

I still believe that a "best routes" map would be a good feature.

Although this could be one of "non phenomenal" ideas 😋

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That’s sad. 

I’ve read this biker cafe is a goodun. Haven’t tried it myself yet but probably will at some point 

https://www.cafe-corsa.co.uk/aboutus

I have been Pre COVID and stopped going, I found it tended to be full of the elderly retired type travelling in Honda Jazz’s. With prices that are above what I would pay, the cafe at Sammy millers motorbike museum can be similar.

Then I am the same with another biker stop near by, Compton Abbas Airfield.

great location but groups of bikers not allowed and “they are not a bowl of chips and cup of tea type place” (not enough money in it for them?).  Plus the staff can be rather rude.

Post Covid-19 this might all change though.

1 hour ago, husoi said:

I still believe that a "best routes" map would be a good feature.

Although this could be one of "non phenomenal" ideas 😋

The problem is there are plenty of others out there.

https://www.bestbikingroads.com/
https://www.thebikerguide.co.uk/

and every one has different opinions of roads and places.

If on a ride to destination I like this with scenic roads in settings on for nice roads en-route.:

TomTom My drive

Edited by onesea

I can’t abide rude ‘hospitality’ staff because once your food/drink/stay is booked or ordered youre committed and they have the capacity to leave a bad taste on what would have been a good day. I’m not embarrassed about just walking out but often a bad attitude is just borderline and you can’t make up your mind if it’s going to be unpleasant or not until it’s too late!

Mind you there’s a cafe near here that has such bad tempered unhelpful staff it’s actually a draw, the owner is such a miserable old bat it makes me laugh. Basil Faulty could learn a thing or two from her 😂

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I can’t abide rude ‘hospitality’ staff because once your food/drink/stay is booked or ordered youre committed and they have the capacity to leave a bad taste on what would have been a good day. I’m not embarrassed about just walking out but often a bad attitude is just borderline and you can’t make up your mind if it’s going to be unpleasant or not until it’s too late!

Mind you there’s a cafe near here that has such bad tempered unhelpful staff it’s actually a draw, the owner is such a miserable old bat it makes me laugh. Basil Faulty could learn a thing or two from her 😂

Sounds fun please share details!

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

so where is this cafe you own .....

• Haha 3

I joined the FB group UK Biker Cafes for a while and promptly left again . There were people recommending just about anywhere that served a biscuit and a cup of tea that hadn't actually told the bike riding customer to f**k off . There appeared  to be no criteria at all as to what a Biker Cafe was supposed to be so the whole thing seemed rather pointless . 

• Like 2

I think the definition has to be.

If they actively encourage bikes to attend.

I agree tho. Some so called biker cafes are very unfriendly to the non local.

I'm not too picky.

In my opinion, a biker cafe is where you see more than 2 bikes at the door, where there is enough space for the helmets and people actually talk to you. :thumb: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, husoi said:

I'm not too picky.

In my opinion, a biker cafe is where you see more than 2 bikes at the door, where there is enough space for the helmets and people actually talk to you. :thumb: 

Priority parking for motorbikes, a decent cuppa, a good value all day breakfast and friendly staff.

It would be a bonus if they had kit for visor cleaning available. I’ve only encountered that once, in Scotland, and it made a significant difference. Just a soft sponge, a bucket of water, and some kitchen roll. 

• Like 1

My definition is they are welcoming and have suitable parking. Good and/or cheap food or a worthy point of interest.

There are a few traditional biker stops I avoid because of the riders they attract.

Some of my favourite stops are not traditional biker stops however are welcoming typically independent good value in area of nice roads.  Some riding friends appreciate them others are disappointed there bikes are not being admired.

Something I like about bikes we all ride our own roads.

The Sound Cafe on the Isle of Man, voted in top 11 best Biker cafes by MCN ..... Really good food at sensible prices, friendly staff, great views.  Gets packed out with bikers on sunny weekends and during TT, great atmosphere https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/the-sound-named-one-of-britains-best-biker-cafes/

77.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/03/2021 at 10:37, manxie49 said:

The Sound Cafe on the Isle of Man, voted in top 11 best Biker cafes by MCN ..... Really good food at sensible prices, friendly staff, great views.  Gets packed out with bikers on sunny weekends and during TT, great atmosphere https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/the-sound-named-one-of-britains-best-biker-cafes/

77.jpg

a great place been there many times and the one that was there before it 👍

22 hours ago, skyrider said:

a great place been there many times and the one that was there before it 👍

Yes, the one there before it was basically an old shed, loads of character though,  Cracking cafe / restaurant favourite spot for breakfast

Il stop anywhere and most places are glad of the custom. Have been to specific biker places too and its good to be parked amongst loads of bikes etc. The sounds are awesome. Not found any that don't have a nice welcome but only been to a few.

• 3 weeks later...