Adding markers to Community Map

Stu

To add a marker to the community map is pretty simple 

This FAQ is made for a pc/laptop so may differ on a mobile/tablets

First hover over browse where you will get a drop down menu with a list of items you can select from 

Click on Community Map 

Browse.png

Next click on "Browse Markers" 

Browse marker.jpg

On the next page you have two options you can click "Add Marker" from here or select the group you want to add a marker to then click "Add marker" from that group.

Add marker.jpg

You will then be presented with a drop down box to select that marker group you want to add the marker to. 

Select the group then continue.

If you selected the group in the previous step then you will not get the drop down box you will just go to the next step.

Select group.jpg

Fill out the information labelled.

In the location search you can use road names cities and postcodes to try and fid the marker point unfortunately its not perfectly accurate but you can also move the map around zoom in and select a point to add by clicking on the map.

Marker info.jpg

Once finished then simply click save marker and that's it you're done 

A guide to adding your own location can be found here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

Indiecentally, I can't seem to add a member marker at the moment - the option is greyed out.

Open the map and just click "My Location" then all will be revealed I am going to do a seperate guide for that as you have to be careful not to use exact locations so I will be including a disclaimer ;-) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Open the map and just click "My Location" then all will be revealed I am going to do a seperate guide for that as you have to be careful not to use exact locations so I will be including a disclaimer ;-) 

Got you - just needed to update my address to the nearest pub! Not many members on there actually, no wonder I'm always riding on my tod!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, learningtofly said:

Got you - just needed to update my address to the nearest pub! Not many members on there actually, no wonder I'm always riding on my tod!

Sadly facebook killed a lot of forums and took away loads of members! I am hoping to try and get some back! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, learningtofly said:

There was a fair few member locations on the map on the old forum @Stu but probably lost in the migration.

7 minutes ago, JRH said:

There was a fair few member locations on the map on the old forum @Stu but probably lost in the migration.

I still have those members as they was on a google map that I created and can import them but this map can take users location from their profile so I could end up with duplicates :D 

• Like 1