Xmas Day Rugged Individualism!

XTreme

On Xmas Day when others sit around swigging booze and puking their guts up all over themselves.......that's the time for the Rugged Individualists in our midst to stand up and be counted.

So in hypothermic temperatures of 9c, and with grey skies overhead......the Stealth Beemer burst into life! And 48bhp of raw Austrian power was unleashed onto an unsuspecting world!

It then undertook a perilous journey consisting of crossing continents and navigating unwelcoming environments of remote, brutal terrain! 

And of course some abandoned shit was encountered to add that air of suspense. Cos you never know where any of those deranged psycho killers could be lurking! 

So without further ado, let there be Rugged Individualism........and there was Rugged Individualism!

gs107.jpg

gs107a-min.jpg

gs107b-min.jpg

gs108.jpg

gs109.jpg

gs109a-min.jpg

gs110.jpg

gs110a-min.jpg

gs110b-min.jpg

gs110c-min.jpg

gs111-min.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

Nice bike XTreme .... Nice bike ...👍

every time i see it i think what a tool and i must own one :bike2:  so if the plague dies down this coming year i will look further into it

Edited by skyrider
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, skyrider said:

every time i see it i think what a tool and i must own one :bike2:  so if the plague dies down this coming year i will further into it

I'm very pleased with it so far.......it's a perfect fit for me in every respect.

I don't yet have the confidence in it that I would with a Jap bike........but the longer I own it (without issues) the more I'm going to feel more settled with it.

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm very pleased with it so far.......it's a perfect fit for me in every respect.

I don't yet have the confidence in it that I would with a Jap bike........but the longer I own it (without issues) the more I'm going to feel more settled with it.

im sure you will

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i will have to visit a bike shop and have a sit on one and see how it feels before i make a decision 

That's the best way.

One thing I've found though......and I noticed it straight away.....it's just so easy to ride.

You know when you get a new bike and it takes you a while to adjust to it? Not with these! Ride it for 2 minutes and it feels like you've ridden it all your life!

I've had 64 bikes and I can't ever remember instantly fitting with one that quick.......and some I could never get used to at all. They always felt like I was riding somebody else's bike!

15 minutes ago, skyrider said:

i will certainly have to give one a coat of looking at so i hope the plague soon disappears 

Assuming you mean C-19 ... it will never disappear ... it's walks amongst us .. and like that annual mega killer, influenza, it will not go away ..  So plan your life accordingly ... like we do ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Assuming you mean C-19 ... it will never disappear ... it's walks amongst us .. and like that annual mega killer, influenza, it will not go away ..  So plan your life accordingly ... like we do ...

yes i think at times we could all be in for a long haul :classic_sad:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, skyrider said:

yes i think at times we could all be in for a long haul :classic_sad:

But I think I'm right in saying the Spanish Flu (which didn't actually come from Spain) disappeared completely after about 2 years.

So maybe this will go the same way.

They may be made in China but look at it this way. BMW originally had a partnership with Aprilia producing the earlier F bikes and there’s a reason they ended that and it wasn’t solely about money. You can buy one of these with as high a level of confidence as any bike originating in Berlin. As with any BMW what is important is condition and service history also be wary of bikes that have changed hands multiple times in a relatively short span of time. The ideal is always one careful mature owner from new, or nearly new. Any add-ons are worth looking for too.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

They may be made in China but look at it this way. BMW originally had a partnership with Aprilia producing the earlier F bikes and there’s a reason they ended that and it wasn’t solely about money. You can buy one of these with as high a level of confidence as any bike originating in Berlin. As with any BMW what is important is condition and service history also be wary of bikes that have changed hands multiple times in a relatively short span of time. The ideal is always one careful mature owner from new, or nearly new. Any add-ons are worth looking for too.

Engine assembly by Loncin using the 650 Rotax engine (which I think BMW bought the rights to) is the only connection to China. The bike itself is actually built in Germany. 

I think they've used Loncin since 2007 and from 2005-2007 they used Kymco in Taiwan.

29 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But I think I'm right in saying the Spanish Flu (which didn't actually come from Spain) disappeared completely after about 2 years.

So maybe this will go the same way.

Sure Spanish flue was an h1n1 variant which still does the rounds now, it probably died out last time because enough people caught it and either died or recovered that it just run out of enough people round infect.

• Like 1

Just sitting here drinking my beer and wondering how you manage to handle all those 48 horses... 😂😂

Still I'm guessing it's better out there than back here in blighty

Fish

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fish said:

Just sitting here drinking my beer and wondering how you manage to handle all those 48 horses... 😂😂

Still I'm guessing it's better out there than back here in blighty

Fish

It's a wide eyed, white knuckle ride to Death and Dismemberment for sure! 

• Haha 1