Challenge 2021 - Discussion Thread

Hoggs

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Whatever! 

I have been busy and still managed to get 1 I went for another but due to a road closer it was a no go! So really I should be in front of @Keeper96 :popcorn:

I’ve been bikeless since I scored my last points but I’m back on the road now so should grab a few this week! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Keeper96 said:

I’ve been bikeless since I scored my last points but I’m back on the road now so should grab a few this week! 

Does that now mean I have competition from keeping off the bottom 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bender said:

I thought you keeping away from the bottom was specified in the restraining order...... 

I thought we agreed not to talk about that 

• Haha 1

I just spent over an hour trying to find Boreaton park in Baschurch!

I failed miserably even after using phone sat nav

I did find a building site with a few new houses being built and a closed road:scratch:

7 minutes ago, rennie said:

I did find a building site with a few new houses being built and a closed road:scratch:

Still nil poi then :lol: 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hoggs said:

make a number out of twigs!! 

Are you talking from experience? I think not as I see no tags from yourself.............

:popcorn:

:lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Are you talking from experience? I think not as I see no tags from yourself.............

:popcorn:

:lol: 

no I haven't rode for ages and not a lot of confidence so will have to build it up slowly as the idiot who picked the tags didn't put many near me

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hoggs said:

no I haven't rode for ages and not a lot of confidence so will have to build it up slowly as the idiot who picked the tags didn't put many near me

Best get your arse in gear and don your leather and get out woman! 

12 hours ago, Stu said:

Not a bad start but there is still a few to get started! 

@Grumpy Old Git Whats going on? you are slacking! as is @mike_smith It looks like @oldgrump is going to nail you both! unless you pull your finger out!! I also notice @JRH is slacking too! maybe he has way too much gardening to do while in retirement :lol: 

@charlie_580 @fullscreenaging @Throttled @onesea @rennie @gymwitch @stedebs @husoi @mike_smith @Trooper74 @Hoggs @RupturedDuck @CBRider @bonio @S-Westerly @JackieOWheels @RigsVille @Paul-Kent @James in Brum @CB999 all yet to score! 

Even I have had a good start! well for me it is anyway! Just need to over take @TimR and @Keeper96 So I am not last :lol: 

Come on guys drag that bike out and give it a dust off and get some of these tags! 

Now that I've got my bike back on the road, I'll try and get some tags..... soon.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stu said:

Not a bad start but there is still a few to get started! 

@Grumpy Old Git Whats going on? you are slacking! as is @mike_smith It looks like @oldgrump is going to nail you both! unless you pull your finger out!! I also notice @JRH is slacking too! maybe he has way too much gardening to do while in retirement :lol: 

@charlie_580 @fullscreenaging @Throttled @onesea @rennie @gymwitch @stedebs @husoi @mike_smith @Trooper74 @Hoggs @RupturedDuck @CBRider @bonio @S-Westerly @JackieOWheels @RigsVille @Paul-Kent @James in Brum @CB999 all yet to score! 

Even I have had a good start! well for me it is anyway! Just need to over take @TimR and @Keeper96 So I am not last :lol: 

Come on guys drag that bike out and give it a dust off and get some of these tags! 

I'm currently about 400 miles northeast of Bermuda so riding my bike isn't really on the cards right now!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, rennie said:

As a follow on to this I saw a sign with PGL on it and followed it. All I saw was a farm building no

references to boreaton park.

It's very close to one of last year's tags (moor farm) which I got

I've googled it now so I know what I'm looking for, I'll have another go at some point,

it's only about 30 minutes from home

On 02/05/2021 at 23:33, S-Westerly said:

I'm currently about 400 miles northeast of Bermuda so riding my bike isn't really on the cards right now!

Any bloody excuse :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/05/2021 at 16:19, skyrider said:

could be warmer there too

It's actually pretty shite. Blowing quite a bit and wet. A bit warmer at 18 but still not exactly balmy and we are heading for northern Germany so not much too look forward to. 😡

I do intend to do some tags, but between work, weather and illness (not the virus) I have been lucky to get out for an hour a week. I want to do a part of the UK I have never been to, so down south somewhere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Throttled said:

I do intend to do some tags, but between work, weather and illness (not the virus) I have been lucky to get out for an hour a week. I want to do a part of the UK I have never been to, so down south somewhere.

Hope you're OK @Throttled and get well soon :thumb: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lack of any Texaco and Harvest Energy petrol stations in Scotland. One year, there needs to be a tag unique to Scotland, that only I can do easily and everyone else has to ride many hundreds of miles.

Sam Heughan Dancing GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

• Haha 3