Welcome keith1200rs

Admin

Been watching the forum for a while so finally joined. I live on the coast on the edge of the North York Moors so most of my riding is around the moors or up and down the coast. Bike currently in the process of being changed but is a BMW boxer.

• Like 2

Just now, keith1200rs said:

Got the R1200R LC  and have ordered R1250RT with the intention of doing longer journeys.

Being looking at the R1200rt myself for a long time! 

Can't afford the 1250! but was forced by a BMW dealership to take one for a test ride :lol: 

For the size of the bike it felt so light! I only had an hour or so on the bike went from York to Helmsley which is not long enough to get the feel of it! 

It felt a bit agricultural with it being a twin but was smooth enough  

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

Being looking at the R1200rt myself for a long time! 

Can't afford the 1250! but was forced by a BMW dealership to take one for a test ride :lol: 

For the size of the bike it felt so light! I only had an hour or so on the bike went from York to Helmsley which is not long enough to get the feel of it! 

It felt a bit agricultural with it being a twin but was smooth enough  

I guess that is from Barry Robson- my nearest dealer. I have to borrow the bikes for most of the day- a ride on my own, then pick up the wife for her approval, then ride the bike back (followed by a ride home from York).

I would say the 1250 is a little smoother but not a lot. Love the torque. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keith1200rs said:

I guess that is from Barry Robson- my nearest dealer. I have to borrow the bikes for most of the day- a ride on my own, then pick up the wife for her approval, then ride the bike back (followed by a ride home from York).

I would say the 1250 is a little smoother but not a lot. Love the torque. 

Yes thats right 

I popped in to have a look as you do! told him what I was after told him what I was looking at spending and he made me take a 1250 :lol: 

I told him I can't afford one so don't try selling me one! he just said no bother enjoy here's the keys :lol: 

1 hour ago, geofferz said:

That top one especially 👌🏽

Unfortunately it went the way most of them did and shed a piston ring. They re-jetted it on the rebuild and it was never the same. Great fun while it lasted. 60bhp and weighed 125kg, I think. 11500rpm redline and a little over 30mpg.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bender said:

Constantly followed by blue lights? 

Surprisingly not. I  did have to sometimes force myself to say "this is getting silly " and slow down. It would allegedly do an indicated 140mph, as did the Kawasaki 400cc 4 stroke that was around shortly after I got the KR1-S. It was dirt cheap to insure as it was only the cc that mattered back then.

Edited by keith1200rs
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, keith1200rs said:

as did the Kawasaki 400cc 4 stroke

They did 145 if you know how to make it happen :D

Except for the jap imports they only did 112 as they was restricted 

Mine wasn't :classic_cool: