Shoei Neotech II - Almost closed visor issues fixed!

I recently bought a Shoei Neotec II but it's got a very annoying problem with the visor in that I can't have the visor just 'cracked open' (also known as the city position) so that it is open a small amount, I can either have it closed or open about an inch but not between, all my previous helmets have had this feature.

I decided to email customer services at Feridax who are the UK importer about this issue as I know that Schuberth had this issue and produced an upgraded visor mechanism so maybe they would have some advise or at least would feed back to Shoei for future consideration, this is their reply:

For customers who prefer the smaller first notch opening Shoei are introducing a new base plate set.

This is yet to arrive in the UK but it is scheduled for early Feb delivery, the part number is 0793408 and retail is £19.99

So I just thought I would share this info incase anyone else is having the same problem.

• Thanks 2

Yep my neotec 2 will also open just a crack, it was one of the things the guy in helmet city demonstrated as a selling point. 
Only problem Ive had with it is after about a year the visor didn’t seal shut properly which I discovered in a downpour. Went back to the shop, the guy said “Have you used the silicone?” 
“What silicone?” 
“Theres a little bottle of silicone in the box, you need to wipe a tiny tiny amount over the seal every 6 months or so, here I’ll put some on for you”

Needless to say it fixed it immediately. Be warned, you only need a tiny amount, put it on and lightly wipe it off because if you get smears on your visor they are a pig to clean off.... 

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep my neotec 2 will also open just a crack, it was one of the things the guy in helmet city demonstrated as a selling point. 
Only problem Ive had with it is after about a year the visor didn’t seal shut properly which I discovered in a downpour. Went back to the shop, the guy said “Have you used the silicone?” 
“What silicone?” 
“Theres a little bottle of silicone in the box, you need to wipe a tiny tiny amount over the seal every 6 months or so, here I’ll put some on for you”

Needless to say it fixed it immediately. Be warned, you only need a tiny amount, put it on and lightly wipe it off because if you get smears on your visor they are a pig to clean off.... 

you mean this 😂😂

26EEDF7D-B5D2-41A5-9934-034D1760CCF0.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 09/01/2021 at 10:17, RigsVille said:

I recently bought a Shoei Neotec II but it's got a very annoying problem with the visor in that I can't have the visor just 'cracked open' (also known as the city position) so that it is open a small amount, I can either have it closed or open about an inch but not between, all my previous helmets have had this feature.

I decided to email customer services at Feridax who are the UK importer about this issue as I know that Schuberth had this issue and produced an upgraded visor mechanism so maybe they would have some advise or at least would feed back to Shoei for future consideration, this is their reply:

For customers who prefer the smaller first notch opening Shoei are introducing a new base plate set.

This is yet to arrive in the UK but it is scheduled for early Feb delivery, the part number is 0793408 and retail is £19.99

So I just thought I would share this info incase anyone else is having the same problem.

Did you ever manage to get one of the new base plates?  I have tried a couple of times to contact Feridax but not received any reply.  No Shoei dealers seem to list the part you mention.

32 minutes ago, keith1200rs said:

Did you ever manage to get one of the new base plates?  I have tried a couple of times to contact Feridax but not received any reply.  No Shoei dealers seem to list the part you mention.

My local helmet city have always been able to get me helmet parts in that aren’t listed on their website but unfortunately going into one and having a chat is off the cards at the moment until the 12th April (assuming the next phase goes ahead). Worth remembering though cos no p&p and a bimble to pick up something mobike related is always good. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that.  It was Beth who told me it didn't exist!  I will try again.  It would be a very useful modification. 

My best Shoei helmet for visor adjustment was quite a while ago and had a micro-ratchet to give three small positions in the first notch.

Now Feridax say it does exist but will need to be brought in from Germany. Now I just need to confirm the part number is correct- that part number is showing up as for a Gt air 2 at my retailer

Edited by keith1200rs