Jump to content
  • Sign up now

    Registration is quick and easy 

Shoei Neotech II - Almost closed visor issues fixed!


Recommended Posts

I recently bought a Shoei Neotec II but it's got a very annoying problem with the visor in that I can't have the visor just 'cracked open' (also known as the city position) so that it is open a small amount, I can either have it closed or open about an inch but not between, all my previous helmets have had this feature.

 

I decided to email customer services at Feridax who are the UK importer about this issue as I know that Schuberth had this issue and produced an upgraded visor mechanism so maybe they would have some advise or at least would feed back to Shoei for future consideration, this is their reply:

For customers who prefer the smaller first notch opening Shoei are introducing a new base plate set.

This is yet to arrive in the UK but it is scheduled for early Feb delivery, the part number is 0793408 and retail is £19.99

 

So I just thought I would share this info incase anyone else is having the same problem.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep my neotec 2 will also open just a crack, it was one of the things the guy in helmet city demonstrated as a selling point. 
Only problem Ive had with it is after about a year the visor didn’t seal shut properly which I discovered in a downpour. Went back to the shop, the guy said “Have you used the silicone?” 
“What silicone?” 
“Theres a little bottle of silicone in the box, you need to wipe a tiny tiny amount over the seal every 6 months or so, here I’ll put some on for you”

Needless to say it fixed it immediately. Be warned, you only need a tiny amount, put it on and lightly wipe it off because if you get smears on your visor they are a pig to clean off.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep my neotec 2 will also open just a crack, it was one of the things the guy in helmet city demonstrated as a selling point. 
Only problem Ive had with it is after about a year the visor didn’t seal shut properly which I discovered in a downpour. Went back to the shop, the guy said “Have you used the silicone?” 
“What silicone?” 
“Theres a little bottle of silicone in the box, you need to wipe a tiny tiny amount over the seal every 6 months or so, here I’ll put some on for you”

Needless to say it fixed it immediately. Be warned, you only need a tiny amount, put it on and lightly wipe it off because if you get smears on your visor they are a pig to clean off.... 

you mean this 😂😂

26EEDF7D-B5D2-41A5-9934-034D1760CCF0.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 09/01/2021 at 10:17, RigsVille said:

I recently bought a Shoei Neotec II but it's got a very annoying problem with the visor in that I can't have the visor just 'cracked open' (also known as the city position) so that it is open a small amount, I can either have it closed or open about an inch but not between, all my previous helmets have had this feature.

 

I decided to email customer services at Feridax who are the UK importer about this issue as I know that Schuberth had this issue and produced an upgraded visor mechanism so maybe they would have some advise or at least would feed back to Shoei for future consideration, this is their reply:

For customers who prefer the smaller first notch opening Shoei are introducing a new base plate set.

This is yet to arrive in the UK but it is scheduled for early Feb delivery, the part number is 0793408 and retail is £19.99

 

So I just thought I would share this info incase anyone else is having the same problem.

Did you ever manage to get one of the new base plates?  I have tried a couple of times to contact Feridax but not received any reply.  No Shoei dealers seem to list the part you mention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, keith1200rs said:

Did you ever manage to get one of the new base plates?  I have tried a couple of times to contact Feridax but not received any reply.  No Shoei dealers seem to list the part you mention.


My local helmet city have always been able to get me helmet parts in that aren’t listed on their website but unfortunately going into one and having a chat is off the cards at the moment until the 12th April (assuming the next phase goes ahead). Worth remembering though cos no p&p and a bimble to pick up something mobike related is always good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I emailed Beth at Feridax last week (customerservice@feridax.com) and she said that they don’t have stock at the moment and suggested placing a back order with my retailer so that there is a order on there to get the stock in.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for that.  It was Beth who told me it didn't exist!  I will try again.  It would be a very useful modification. 

 

My best Shoei helmet for visor adjustment was quite a while ago and had a micro-ratchet to give three small positions in the first notch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now Feridax say it does exist but will need to be brought in from Germany. Now I just need to confirm the part number is correct- that part number is showing up as for a Gt air 2 at my retailer

Edited by keith1200rs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.