Suzuki GSX600f Katana Reviews

Ehcbr125

I’ve got the ‘99 model. After learning on an mt07 I wasn’t that keen on the 600 to start with as it always felt like I was thrashing it to stay in the power band but now I’m getting used to it o love it. 

as a first bike I think it’s ideal as it’s quick enough and handles well enough to be fun, I can fit a full soft luggage set for touring and at 6” 3’ and 22 stone I still feel comfortable after a couple of hours. 

also they’re cheap enough that if you do drop it it’s not the end of the world, parts are fairly cheap and it’s simple to work on. 

mines had a couple of issues but it was sitting For 2 years before I bought it and it only cost £750. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thank you sorry I haven't been back online since I posted this. 

She arrived today and obviously as soon as she was taxed and insured hubby took her out. This is his second bike, his previous one was a v-twin so the power band on this is a lot higher, having said that she's more fun to ride apparently. I clutched her up our private road, I'm 5 foot nothing and weigh 9 stone and I had no problems. A huge thumbs up from both of us so far!! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ehcbr125 said:

Hi thank you sorry I haven't been back online since I posted this. 

She arrived today and obviously as soon as she was taxed and insured hubby took her out. This is his second bike, his previous one was a v-twin so the power band on this is a lot higher, having said that she's more fun to ride apparently. I clutched her up our private road, I'm 5 foot nothing and weigh 9 stone and I had no problems. A huge thumbs up from both of us so far!! 

Glad you both like it! 

I think they’re very underrated for what they are and are more than enough for everyday use. 

jamie 

• Like 1

I've got a GSX600F 2003, owned it for 7 years now, done nearly 30,000miles on it, been fairly reliable, apart from the usual tyres, chain and pads, its had new starter, rear shock, shock link, and a few other minor parts.

I enjoy riding it, great for longer trips, fairing good at keeping rain and wind off, performance and handling good as well.

I keep meaning to get something newer but haven't found anything I like yet.

Hope you enjoy yours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ehcbr125 said:

Other half is sad as it's quite wet here today but was hoping for a ride 😂

Where do you guys shop for parts? 

I get mine of either wemoto or from a dealer here in Newcastle, purely because a friend works there. 
wemoto seem good with the bits I’ve ordered so far though 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2021 at 16:31, Keeper96 said:

I get mine of either wemoto or from a dealer here in Newcastle, purely because a friend works there. 
wemoto seem good with the bits I’ve ordered so far though 

Yes I've heard lots of good things about we Moto. Thank you