Help with sinnis Apache 125 cutting out

19fraser93

I have had my sinnis Apache stored in garage for last 2 month brought it out today to give it a wee run and it’s running rich and Smokey . Spoke to sinnis and they are going to look at it in mid February but guy said it could be cold still ? Will it do any damage trying to keep it running as it cuts out in gear and just dies ? 

Sounds like it's running too rich. Check nothing has got into the air filter and partially blocked it. If it's been laid up in a garage I've known mice get into things and cause problems.

But running rich can wash lubrication off the bore and cylinder so it's best avoided if it so bad that it's cutting out.

• Thanks 1

I'm no expert on fuel injection but it wouldn't go amiss to squirt some injector cleaner through the intake . At least I assume that's what You're supposed to do with it .  You also might want to make sure there are no loose connectors on anything that looks like a sensor . Failing that , there's nothing like a good thrash round the block a few times to blow away the cobwebs on a bike that's been stood idle for a while . If none of these suggestions work it's probably time to put some petrol in it . 😉

Edited by fastbob
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fastbob said:

but it wouldn't go amiss to squirt some injector cleaner through the intake

It will do nothing it will just go straight past the injectors and probably not even touch them 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

It will do nothing it will just go straight past the injectors and probably not even touch them 

Like I say , I don't really know . I do know that injector cleaner exists so I'm guessing that it goes in the tank then . 

• Thanks 1

Just now, fastbob said:

Like I say , I don't really know . I do know that injector cleaner exists so I'm guessing that it goes in the tank then . 

Yes thats right 

I was trying to find a cross section of a set of throttle bodies for you 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TimR said:

If it cuts out as soon as it goes into gear i would look at the side stand switch and give it a good lubrication and manipulation

Of course , yes . It actually might just need the tab that operates the switch bending a little . 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, WD-40 said:

Has it got a carb or fuel injection? Was the temperature cold?

18 hours ago, WD-40 said:

Mate I’m really not sure pretty crap when it comes to bikes think it’s a carb bit will need to double check 

10 hours ago, TimR said:

If it cuts out as soon as it goes into gear i would look at the side stand switch and give it a good lubrication and manipulation

Yeah Ive the stand swtich but it’s not like a clean cut out like that would cause it’s going so far at so many revs then just dropping revs then starts spluttering and eventually dies

On 27/01/2021 at 20:20, WD-40 said:

It’s fuel injection and the bike was cold but temperature outside wasn’t bad . Bike has been sitting for a while not moved ?? Any help be magic  

On 28/01/2021 at 14:25, 19fraser93 said:

It’s one of they ones I have been told to give it a good boot to get the fuel flowing well etc again but I can’t even get out of first gear and am worried I am going to eventually do more Damage to it 

It will have a rev limiter so you won't damge it by riding around in first gear. I would drain out the tank and put in some fresh fuel, and give it a few minutes to warm up then ride around, if it still cuts out in first use second gear.

• Thanks 1

On 29/01/2021 at 16:04, dynax said:

It will have a rev limiter so you won't damge it by riding around in first gear. I would drain out the tank and put in some fresh fuel, and give it a few minutes to warm up then ride around, if it still cuts out in first use second gear.

I’ve got it going now think it’s was just a little cold the engine management light is on but was told buy the garage that shouldn’t be a massive problem should be fine , the garage got it booked in for service in two weeks so will let them change plug and il try some fresh fuel in it 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I currently have the same issue in gear 3 and 4 with my sinnis apache 2019 and have no idea why it's doing it, only happens when I go to accelerate really quickly then coughs and splutters and goes to cut out if I don't change down a gear and keep it in high revs it just dies and struggles to start back up any ideas much appreciated

• 7 months later...

I’ve got a sinnis Apache 125 but having trouble with it revving to high it’s revving between 3 to 4 thousand revs and then putting it into first gear it bogs out  its fuel injected  but the engine management light stay on  but not sure if it could be the kick sand switch faulty or to much fuel going to the carb or air 

Edited by Liam rowbotham
Problem with bike

On 18/07/2023 at 23:59, Liam rowbotham said:

I’ve got a sinnis Apache 125 but having trouble with it revving to high it’s revving between 3 to 4 thousand revs and then putting it into first gear it bogs out  its fuel injected  but the engine management light stay on  but not sure if it could be the kick sand switch faulty or to much fuel going to the carb or air 

If the EML is on get the codes read. 

If its fuel injection it doesn't have a carb. 

• 2 weeks later...