Fazer 600 2003 manifold bolts

jedibiker

She runs.. Had a little issue with neutral sensor wire, unrelated to the install but replaced that anyway. Apart from a few tweeks she should be fine.. There is a little tick noise but its yet to run properly and I need to top oil up and nip up exhaust after its had a warm up etc. Cam chain tensioner seemed ok, chain was tight but could be a thing for the future if tick continues. But happy enough for now.. cheers for the support. (sounds more of a tick on phones than the mac)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0e1h4gzz89ouao6/20210328_154258.mp4?dl=0

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, jedibiker said:

wont need to if your brass nut advice works :)

In all my years both as a bike owner and as a parts and accessories salesman , I have never encountered or heard of an exhaust system that interferes with the removal of the oil filter . Purely out of curiosity , do you have any idea what make this thing is ? 

14 minutes ago, fastbob said:

In all my years both as a bike owner and as a parts and accessories salesman , I have never encountered or heard of an exhaust system that interferes with the removal of the oil filter . Purely out of curiosity , do you have any idea what make this thing is ? 

No but after searching the net it seems many forums are riddled with issues on the fazer with aftermarket pipes. It seems some go down straighter than needed and leave a tiny bit of room that the filter would not fit through even if you did manage to unscrew it.  its not like its a great exhaust either as it rusts badly. My bandit has stainless pipes and I can get to the filter easy.

3 hours ago, fastbob said:

Hi @fastbob, Remember the old Piper Systems, the one for the Yamaha XJ550 you had two problems 1 filter couldn't be removed, 2 don't try riding over speed bumps!!!!! Ground out totally!!

And also some early Vance & Hines systems, when you had the large filter under engine, as on Kawasaki Z1100R, like this one. 4 into 2 went either side, 4 into 1 went across filter housing!!

P1010190.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldgrump said:

Hi @fastbob, Remember the old Piper Systems, the one for the Yamaha XJ550 you had two problems 1 filter couldn't be removed, 2 don't try riding over speed bumps!!!!! Ground out totally!!

And also some early Vance & Hines systems, when you had the large filter under engine, as on Kawasaki Z1100R, like this one. 4 into 2 went either side, 4 into 1 went across filter housing!!

P1010190.JPG

I honestly can't remember what the arrangement was on my Z 1000 ST .

Screenshot_20210408-205521~2.png

• Like 1

I didn`t remember the ST with a swoopy tank I was thinking of the green slab side released at the same time as the first Z1300.

Glad I hadn`t met that one I would have wanted it!

Cheers

Ian

2 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

I didn`t remember the ST with a swoopy tank I was thinking of the green slab side released at the same time as the first Z1300.

Glad I hadn`t met that one I would have wanted it!

Cheers

Ian

Well spotted . This bike was heavily modified using an earlier tank , side panels , tail and seat . 

Just now, fastbob said:

Well spotted . This bike was heavily modified using an earlier tank , side panels , tail and seat . 

Screenshot_20210408-211844.png

38 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Yours look like it was the tank, panels, mudguard etc off the LTD, or CSR model. And the ST model was shaft drive, hence I don't think they sold very well!

Screenshot_20210408-211844.png