New Can arrived....need help now

Guest philgale

Guest philgale

right got my new can this morning, the first thing i tried to do was take the baffles out but they appear to be welded in :cry: :cry:

no rivet is holding them at the mouth but it wont move at all...

any ideas????

did it say removable baffle??? if not then is there a band round top of can

with 4 or 5 rivets holding it on ?? take them out and end is capped :wink:

Guest akey

I know how to do this as i did it with mine :shock:

right you need a drill and a small parrellel punch or maybe a pair of pliers.

Drill out the head of the rivet carefully then use the pliers to pull the back end of the rivet out (or use the small punch to push it through), then use the pliers to grip the baffle and pull it out.

If you want to put the baffle back in (for mot) then you need a small screw/bolt and a nut for the other side.

Phil if you are still having a drama I can do it for you at some point, but it wont be for the next 2 weekends as I am away! It is really easy though mate :wink:

Guest philgale

have spoken to CCC and it arrears i need gasses, the rivet is attached to something and looks really easy now....

just need to fit the can now, was having trouble cutting through the pipes on it already.....bloody sv designers.....

oh akey, doesnt need an MOT fir 3 years so will have sold the bike by then for a bigger one ;)

have spoken to CCC and it arrears i need gasses, the rivet is attached to something and looks really easy now....

just need to fit the can now, was having trouble cutting through the pipes on it already.....bloody sv designers.....

oh akey, doesnt need an MOT fir 3 years so will have sold the bike by then for a bigger one ;)

Yes it definately appears you need glasses :wink:

Yes it definately appears you need glasses :wink:

And you definitely need spellchecker :twisted: