FACE - Fight Against Cancer Event

Guest mattyuk49

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/mattyuk49/face_lower.png

Hi guys,

FACE which stands for Fight Against Cancer Event 2008 is a charity event in which motorbike riders, ride 1000 miles around the United Kingdom in 3 days on a motorbike on the 13th, 14th and 15th of June 2008. All money which is raised goes towards Cancer Research UK. Us at FACE are wondering if you would be willing to help raise money and sponsor us at: http://www.justgiving.com/face2008

Our homepage is: http://www.tonymcgeorge.net/face2008 ( see for taking part )

Our sponsor page is: http://www.justgiving.com/face2008

Our MySpace is: http://www.myspace.com/fightagainstcancerevent

Us at FACE hope you look into this and hope to hear from you in the future.

Regards

FACE

Edited by Anonymous

Matty just made a donation, Just lost my mate at work to cancer this weekend after a long fight been there 34 yrs so we are all gutted, unfortuantly I am on holiday on them dates other wise like Yorbandit I would have been in for the ride, all the best with the fundraising, and peeps if you are looking at this page go on make a donation no matter how small. :thumb:

Wow lads, thanks, much appreciated. Best support we have had off other sites other then the blackbird forum.

We have now nearly raised over 4 grand and hoping its going to keep going up… fingers crossed. Cheers for the support fella’s, 10/10.

Sent me donation on line

A cause close to my own heart let us know ya route nearest points to nn9 6sr will ride out and meet if poss

Im from northants also fella. I live in Desborough if you know where that is?? near kettering.

Were starting from thetford, heres the route:

http://www.tonymcgeorge.net/face2008/route.htm

Donation made ... good luck guys x

I will try and join you somewhere on the East Coast, but will let you know nearer the time.

I also brought this to the attention of the Company I work for, and they too have donated ... thanks HumberVHB :)

Will see you at the Humber Bridge on the Sunday at half one :thumb:

Lemme know if you wanna take down my mobile number in case u need anything.....will be in car and can bring owt ya need :)

Can i also add that we are looking for as many people as possible to join us on this ride, wether you decide to complete the whole route or just do a section IE south east/ south west / north. if you would like to take part please pop over to tonymcgeorge(dott)net/face2008/ takepart(dott)htm and let us have the details requested (obviously put the . in the correct place, wont let me leave a link until i post 3 times)

Vicki. that would be great if you could give us a contact number, i currently have phone numbers for most that are meeting us, so i can inform them if running late so peeps dont think we have taken a diff route etc etc, thanks

kind regards

Tony

Can other riders join you along the way?

Was thinking maybe could do a meet up at Humber Bridge and ride so far with you all?

Get a few people together..... tis ok if not :)

yes vicki, we have a few meeting us along the way and riding part way. we say the more the merryier. ihave sent you a pm, give us a call if theres anything you need to know :)

Tony

Can other riders join you along the way?

Was thinking maybe could do a meet up at Humber Bridge and ride so far with you all?

Get a few people together..... tis ok if not :)

Would love to be invited to that. :)

Ok, before I put post up.....can I confirm where you will be stopping Matty/Tony?

Are you taking your break at the Humber Bridge Car Park??

If not can you let ne know where, and I will get a thread going for people to come and join u :)

sorry for the late reply

the post above is so my post count goes up so i can post the url below :lol:

ld love to be invited to that. :)

u don't have to wait to be invited.

Ok, before I put post up.....can I confirm where you will be stopping Matty/Tony?

Are you taking your break at the Humber Bridge Car Park??

If not can you let ne know where, and I will get a thread going for people to come and join u

we have a map of the route at http://www.tonymcgeorge.net/face2008

we start at thetford rugby club @ 11am on friday the 13th, (yes i know the date but we are not bothered about that lol)

we are stoping for a break around that area so we may aswell make it the humber bridge, all info can be found on our website, if its not there then give me a shout and i will do my best to answer your questions.

can i thank you all in advance for the support you are giving.

Tony

Yeh i saw the route.....it said barton on humber though, so wanted to check.

So we will arrange to meet 1.30pm (subject to any delay) at the Humber Bridge Car Park :)

Whoohoo :)

So we will arrange to meet 1.30pm (subject to any delay) at the Humber Bridge Car Park :)

Right then... so thats 1700 Hrs bells o'clock zulu GMT at the barton Humber Bridge. :?: Can we bring our bikes Vic :?:

I put this on the Wiltshireriders site Tony--hope that is ok as you are going through and stopping at Bath

put up the links so they can see and if free will try and join in part of it

useless goverment should finance this research from taxation instead of wasteful nonsense they throw our money at

Edited by Anonymous

Right then... so thats 1700 Hrs bells o'clock zulu GMT at the barton Humber Bridge. :?: Can we bring our bikes Vic :?:

of course you bring you bike, the idea is to get as many as possible to do this and as many as possible to join us for a few miles on route, be glad to have you all join in

tony