Philk

<t>What makes you go mmm</t>  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What makes you go mmm

• EDZ windproofs
    • Love handles
    • Fog city hyperoptics
    • Biker socks

I've made a lot of mods but there is "stuff" that makes you go mmm.

EDZ windproofs.

Fog City Hyperoptics.

Love Handles.

Good quality long biker socks.

an RX7 Helmet

I like my double bubble screen(in black of course)

my pink flowery buff

I like my subdued Union Jacks (I had them made just for iccle old me) on the screen.........Not into George Cross's.

I like my Thatcham alarm

I love my Akropovic can

I love the crash mushrooms

I like Datatag

I like my Scottoiler because I have no idea when to oil the chain !

Got a one piece undersuit which is great in winter, no need to change outta leathers, no winter / summer change required

I go pinlock, havent tried hyperoptics but wanted one, got pinlock instead and works a treat.

Even though I got slated by a certain female last saturday from my boots squeekin you cant beat sidis. Got sliders to allow air in, I love em.

Edited by Philk

Well if this thread gets any worse i'll pull it. There must be stuff that the newbies would like to hear about which will make their lives better :?:

Ok I'll add a tip. Things like the edz widproof undershirt often appear as gifts for subscription in mag's. I have spent ages in WH Smith and Son perusing mag's because i like kit but but like spending money of mags, so when someone offers a subscription for a good peice of kit that costs more the the sub, I take out the sub and get my item and a mag sub

I like my double bubble screen(in black of course)

I like my subdued Union Jacks (I had them made just for iccle old me) on the screen.........Not into George Cross's

I like my Thatcham alarm

I love my Akropovic can :D

I love the crash mushrooms

I like Datatag

I like my Scottoiler because I have no idea when to oil the chain !

I love my biking T-shirts from http://www.105db.com :wink:

Okay Okay (its thread btw)

Got a one piece undersuit which is great in winter, no need to change outta leathers, no winter / summer change required.

Normal socks do me just fine

I go pinlock, havent tried hyperoptics but wanted one, got pinlock instead and works a treat.

Even though I got slated by a certain female last saturday from my boots squeekin you cant beat sidis. Got sliders to allow air in, I love em.

Now its summer 8) we can think of summer clobber, seen too many t shirt n short brigade out last weekend; keep yer leathers on! Its gonna hurt otherwise. Im happy sweltering walking around rather than enjoy the delights that is gravel rash so invest in a good two piece, wandering about in leathers isnt that bad in this heat, honest :wink:

If your asking on bike gear as well as kit then yeah a db screen is great.

A can is only for the brave or the stupid, Im still trying to figure which one I am :roll:

I say keep the pegs, got billet ones to go on but the rubber inserts do a good job and Im no longer into going fast :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uprated bulbs, intergrated rear lens, undertrays, crash bungs etc etc lots to do on yer bike, make it yer own :thumb:

Love handles sound like a good idea for pillion riders, but as I don't take pillions yet I would not know.

I don't really feel the cold too badly, so I can't have much of an opinion.

I would recommend the following though.

My neck gets cold in cold weather. I bought a "Cold Killers" Balaclava with neck wind protection. It works perfectly. I simply do not feel anything on my neck.

I would also recommend for the summer a light balaclava (Silk, or cotton, or even these clever ones that wick heat away from you, whichever you prefer) to wear under your helmet. This stops your helmet getting that stale sweat smell so quickly.

I tried a pinlock anti fog visor and hated it. Everything just seemed dull and blurred. Saying that I think I am the only person who does not like using them so what do I know eh? :D :D

To stop fogging I put washing up liquid on the inside of the visor them wipe it off until you don't see it anymore. Works a treat for me.

Take whatever you want from that lot and feel free to add to your list. Good idea this thread!!

Pinlock anti-mist insert system is quite useful.

Foggy (mouth cover) is exceptionally good (I had it for 6 years prior to my visor insert.

Gore-Tex is FAB - keeps you dry without sweating like a *** *****

Shoei Multitec flip front helmet - who gives a f**k what you look like, this thing ROCKS. NO problems at petrol stations/shops.

Puig double bubble racing screen is excellent on my fazer.

Bendix fast road compound pads are rather nice IMO.

Otterbox 1900 PDA case combined with RAM mount is EXCELLENT - perfect to mount your GPS enabled PDA onto your bike safely - waterproof, shock resistant and crush resistant.

Oxford digital heated grips are a godsend certain times of year.

Textile jackets................bought a Spidi one at the bike show and its soooo comfy compared to my leather jacket.

Kangaroo skin palmed gloves. summer use only but for control of switches and overall 'feel' they can't be beat!

Firstly:

The scottoiler, cus you only have to worry about checking the oil levels in the reservoir to lube the chain.

My rear hugger, cus that stops most of the road crud from building up on the underside of seat etc.

The tank protector, cus that protects the paint when I slam me man bits into when failing to slow down in time. (Bike Safe course is sorting this one out) :crybaby:

The ABS breaking system cus that helps out with the above.

Anything that keeps me warm in winter and cool in summer, so that`ll be windstoppers in winter and bugger all (apart from shreddies) in summer.

Anything that keeps me and my skin attached, so that`ll be me leathers.

Hows that philk..............OK :D

Top stuff keep em coming, newbies are always asking this stuff. In the long run you'll save people a lot of money if they but what works in the first place. :D