please help me and my cagiva mito 125

Guest simon

Hi, I have recently bought a Cagiva Mito 125cc and having a problem atm with it.

Whenever I go into higher revs the bike 'holds back' and splutters as if there where no fuel in the tank, although there is.

It has a carburetor and not fuel injected, I thought it could possibly be that too much fuel is being mixed (as its a 2 stroke) and would like to know other opinions or advice. (Does it sound like a major problem or am I riding the bike incorrectly?)

Thanks for your time

Simon

Thanks for your replies, but am quite a 'beginer' with bikes, where would I find the power valve?

I have gone through fuel really quickly aswel lately so maybe there is too much fuel in the mixture?

This is a picture of the side of the powervalve

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/Voodoo1972/Powervalve.jpg

When you turn the key in the ignition but before you start the bike you should hear it turn

It should be right next to where your exhaust leaves the engine

Voodoo is spot on, i had a mito with the same prob, the powervalve is about four alen key bolts then just slide it be careful of the gasket!

use autosol or t-cut to clean it, once clean put some engine oil around the tongue and put back together, it really is simple.

good luck

It could be the powervalve or it could be something much worse and far more expensive. If the engine is a 2 stroke then the crank case seals may have worn out and aren't keeping enough pressure to take you above 7,000 RPM as the little machines need the crank case seals to help produce pressure and force fuel into the engine.

What revs does the bike go to before it splutters. After you've sorted the powervalve out, if you still have the same problem it will be the crank case as my little 2 stroke did the same.

Another question I wanted to know, is now that I have gone to a two stroke form a four stroke, people keep telling me that I gotto rev the bike correctly.

I dont quite understand how/why?

Maybe that is why the bike isnt working correctly, should i stay in high revs in each gear or??

thanks

Well i was always told 2-strokes are made to rev high and thats where the performance is but not sure really :?

yeah.... all the main power is in high revs i.e powerband.

Another question I wanted to know, is now that I have gone to a two stroke form a four stroke, people keep telling me that I gotto rev the bike correctly.

I dont quite understand how/why?

Maybe that is why the bike isnt working correctly, should i stay in high revs in each gear or??

thanks

What do you mean rev the bike correctly? rev your bike how you want. And how you rev the bike wouldnt effect it on spluttering m8y, thats somthing to do with spark plug for example not how your riding it. For the last question, dont stay in high revs in each gear all the time or you will blow your top end lol as its a 2 stroke.

check the main jet in carb,make sure there's no dirt in side,(blow through it) if that dosen't work try up sizeing jet ,example from 70 to 80 for sake of couple pound its worth a go.