Triumph concept bike.

Bender

Pictures a lot better in this one than the Admin announcement earlier.

Make no mistake I am a fan of the motorbike news section but I think the pics get squashed during their trans atlantic trip lol.

Cheers

Ian

8 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Pictures a lot better in this one than the Admin announcement earlier.

Make no mistake I am a fan of the motorbike news section but I think the pics get squashed during their trans atlantic trip lol.

Cheers

Ian

Oops I best sort it before @Six30 goes off on one again, I've had a shit day not looked in there yet.

5 minutes ago, Bender said:

Oops I best sort it before @Six30 goes off on one again, I've had a shit day not looked in there yet.

pics are fine... its the subject this time, 

electric..

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bender said:

Electric yes 😁 

Well go and buy one then . You've obviously got a great deal more money than I have . 

4 minutes ago, fastbob said:

Well go and buy one then . You've obviously got a great deal more money than I have . 

I dont know how much you have or haven't got, I always presumed your dislike for them was more of a historical love of petrol.

If I had the money for such things I would buy one, but I don't so I shan't 😁 

I have lived and breathed spark plugs , oil , pistons , gears , chains , petrol , valves , camshafts , carburettors , exhaust pipes and the raucous rattle and roar of a proper ENGINE all my adult life and I'll be f**ked if I'm going to quit now . You can wizz about on a heap of batteries and a washing machine motor if you want but count me out . If I won the Lotto I wouldn't give one of these sterilised abominations a second glance . Instead I'd buy a few more Harleys and another GSXR 1100 then I'd buy myself a tanker of petrol and hide it somewhere . 

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I have lived and breathed spark plugs , oil , pistons , gears , chains , petrol , valves , camshafts , carburettors , exhaust pipes and the raucous rattle and roar of a proper ENGINE all my adult life and I'll be f**ked if I'm going to quit now . You can wizz about on a heap of batteries and a washing machine motor if you want but count me out . If I won the Lotto I wouldn't give one of these sterilised abominations a second glance . Instead I'd buy a few more Harleys and another GSXR 1100 then I'd buy myself a tanker of petrol and hide it somewhere . 

I think under those circumstances  I would certainly have an electric bike and electric car although there would also be a mark1 xj6, a Nissan gtr, a lamborghini a v8 landrover and I would probably need to pinch your petrol tanker 😁 ohhh and a v rod 

Just now, Bender said:

I think under those circumstances  I would certainly have an electric bike and electric car although there would also be a mark1 xj6, a Nissan gtr, a lamborghini a v8 landrover and I would probably need to pinch your petrol tanker 😁 ohhh and a v rod 

Probably not worth bothering until there's a triple roll over then. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bender said:

Ohhh I could spend it very quickly the garage with house would put a big hole in the winnings.

Garage with house . My thinking too . 

I'll reserve judgement until I ride one. Obvious burning petrol makes a nice noise and smell, but electric is the future anyway soooo... Get on board or stop riding will be the future I guess. 

i have never ridden an electric bike but i am sure i will enjoy it.  Yes some things will feel different/weird but it is something we will be forced to do at some point.  

On the plus side it is very pretty.  

19 minutes ago, RAYK47 said:

On the plus side it is very pretty.  

Which proves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Apart from the sound, and the smell, and the vibrations associated with a petrol engine I think I'd miss the gear changes. Just having a twist and go wouldn't be very entertaining.

Plus the excitement of having a tiny tank in the hills of N Wales and wondering if you'd make it to a petrol station. There is something about refueling on the road. 

I embrace the idea of electric!
But i'll be waiting for the prices to drop to normal levels (I imagine the prices will be a bit of a joke off the bat) or the second hand market looks up. Also its the kind of thing where i wouldnt want to be the early adopter and wait for it to be a more polished product. 

22 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Apart from the sound, and the smell, and the vibrations associated with a petrol engine I think I'd miss the gear changes. Just having a twist and go wouldn't be very entertaining.

Plus the excitement of having a tiny tank in the hills of N Wales and wondering if you'd make it to a petrol station. There is something about refueling on the road. 

Beauty certainly is in the eyes of the beholder. 

I agree with all that and they are things I will also miss.  The questions around infrastructure and range are all ones I am equally sceptical of.  I personally will hold on to ICE power as long as i can but we will be forced that way at some point, whether that is in my biking lifetime i dont know.  

On 24/03/2021 at 11:54, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Well you'd get the tiny tank thing with an e-bike as the range on them is pretty crap and so far as I know few have rapid charging either.

Edited by S-Westerly