Joan Lascorz returns as Ana Carrasco’s race consultant in WorldSSP300

rennie

lastonelascorzweb_full.jpg

The 2021 FIM Supersport 300 World Championship is getting nearer to firing up for the year ahead and one of the title favourites, Ana Carrasco (Kawasaki Provec WorldSSP300), has undergone important changes in order for her to fight for the title again. Joan Lascorz has stepped in for the entire season as her race consultant, having already been present during some preseason tests. Already forming a strong relationship with Ana’s crew chief Nico Sartori and the rest of the team, it’s an exciting addition to the team. 

Working next to Sartori, Ana and the rest of the team, Joan will focus primarily on rider feeling and convert this into bike setting, the rider/machine interface, and technical aspects of Ana’s approach to racing in order to get the best possible result. Also part of the new team structure is new team manager Carla Grau, who previously dealt with communications surrounding Ana and was an assistant to her. 

Speaking about his new role for 2021, Joan Lascorz commented: “I’m very excited to do this, I've never done this role as race consultant, but I was with the guys recently at the Montmelo test and in other smaller tracks in the past weeks, I love the way Provec works with such excellence, I know Nico and "Fleky" from the past when I was a rider, and Ana is a great rider and super committed, but I believe I can help her to cover some aspects to get even better. I am doing this from a voluntary perspective, and I hope I can add some small improvement to this project while learning myself at the same time.”

Guim Roda, manager director of Provec Racing and team manager for the Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK squad, commented on the new appointment for Carrasco, saying: “It’s no secret that Joan is part of the fabric of the Provec Racing project and we see this as an exciting opportunity for him, plus a real performance benefit for the team. Like Ana, Joan started racing on minibikes. He has experience of many racing classes and valuable insight into the tactics of racing and getting the best out of a Ninja race bike.”

Follow all of the action across all three classes in the 2021 season with the WorldSBK VideoPass![1]

References

1. ^ WorldSBK VideoPass! (secure.worldsbk.com)

Let's block ads! (Why?)

View the full article