I’d like to take a moment to tell you

Steve_M

9 hours ago, James in Brum said:

I dislike the time taken and the faff putting on my gear/clobber. 
I like wearing it, I feel like a knight, but the time I save on journeys because I can filter is lost with time to get my kit on.

I used to think this until I timed myself one day. I can do it in 2 minutes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ian_1986 said:

Cleaning/adjusting chain hate messing with it.

And concerns of theft etc.

My first “big” bike was a CX500.  I’ve been a fan of shaft drive ever since. 

What I dislike the most on my bikes?

well that's an easy one.

Not being able to ride because of the phoking Scottish weather.. 😠

6 minutes ago, husoi said:

What I dislike the most on my bikes?

well that's an easy one.

Not being able to ride because of the phoking Scottish weather.. 😠

Which has a certain irony when the highlight of my year is my trip to Scotland . Some years I win , some years I lose . 

Going to bed and thinking i'll go out on the bike tomorrow , dozing off thinking of a destination ....... then open your eyes  in the morning glance at the window expecting to see glorious sunshine but its all grey .... and worse still its raining and your day is fooked.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Going to bed and thinking i'll go out on the bike tomorrow , dozing off thinking of a destination ....... then open your eyes  in the morning glance at the window expecting to see glorious sunshine but its all grey .... and worse still its raining and your day is fooked.

Absolutely true.

DCT. Which I’ve become such a huge fan of that any other bike that’s not a bloody Honda just isn’t on my radar. I just cannot imagine riding a standard geared bike with just one clutch. Also Lithium batteries have ruined (for me) the fun and excitement of stressing about having to charge the battery, plugging in the optimate and hoping the green light comes on and knowing that one day it will not. Thanks Honda - you’ve ruined my life.

And I thought being a BMW fanboy was bad. Liking bikes that generally came with near fatal flaws. Fatal EXPENSIVE flaws, was bad enough.    But, oh no. This is worserer.

almost tedious reliability and more fun than you can wave an expired extended warranty at - Who needs that!!!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

DCT. Which I’ve become such a huge fan of that any other bike that’s not a bloody Honda just isn’t on my radar. I just cannot imagine riding a standard geared bike with just one clutch. Also Lithium batteries have ruined (for me) the fun and excitement of stressing about having to charge the battery, plugging in the optimate and hoping the green light comes on and knowing that one day it will not. Thanks Honda - you’ve ruined my life.

And I thought being a BMW fanboy was bad. Liking bikes that generally came with near fatal flaws. Fatal EXPENSIVE flaws, was bad enough.    But, oh no. This is worserer.

almost tedious reliability and more fun than you can wave an expired extended warranty at - Who needs that!!!!

Sounds like you need to take a trip to Ebay and buy one of the many Chinese bikes offered on there for very few pennies. That would insert some excitement back into your life.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Six30 said:

Who is this? Has Six30’s account been hacked? The guy who rides a naked bike with no thought to the comfort of a fairing or screen* is put off by a little rain? 😂😂😂

* I summarise your reply to one of my early posts. 🤔😊😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I dislike paying the road tax. Which in comparison to similar sized engined cars that usually do a lot more miles is an iniquitous amount.

I agree. 
I’ve just renewed my road tax at £93!!!

52 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Who is this? Has Six30’s account been hacked? The guy who rides a naked bike with no thought to the comfort of a fairing or screen* is put off by a little rain? 😂😂😂

* I summarise your reply to one of my early posts. 🤔😊😂

yup i am a fair weather rider :thumb:  who likes going out in the rain ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rennie said:

I don't enjoy cleaning bikes! never have.

I hate the time and effort it takes getting kitted up.

I really hate the state of the roads nowadays.

yup , agree on the state of the roads.... 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Some of the birds are getting bad too 

:popcorn:

you are in Hull Stu , have they ever been any good ? 

except the lovely Trace of course 

• Haha 1

Just now, Six30 said:

you are in Hull Stu , have they ever been any good ? 

except the lovely Trace of course 

Thats a good point well presented :lol: 

I hate cleaning too! Well, the thought of doing it. Once I start Im happy enough. 

I currently hate getting it out of the garden and driveway. House is on a slight hill. Driveway is a step down onto (deep) gravel. Cursed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, elizabethf said:

I hate cleaning too! Well, the thought of doing it. Once I start Im happy enough. 

I currently hate getting it out of the garden and driveway. House is on a slight hill. Driveway is a step down onto (deep) gravel. Cursed.

gravel ..not good

• Like 1

On 01/04/2021 at 20:25, Bianco2564 said:

Putting all the bike gear on.

My winter commuter clothing is;

Trousers, 3 zips,1 press stud, 4 Velcro bits

Boots, 2 zips, 2 Velcro

Jacket, 2 zips, 1 press stud, 2 velcro,

Helmet, 1 strap

Gloves, 4 Velcro

This 100%!!

I don’t need to commute so much on the bike anymore and I really try to avoid riding in the rain and Icy conditions. As long as it’s dry, doesn’t have to be scorching hot, I’m happy. 

But in my opinion, putting on all the gear and taking it with you, will always be a chore for me. 

I’ve even talked myself out of taking the bike to work on sunny days because of what I need to do to make it happen 😅

Edited by Troy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy said:

I’ve even talked myself out of taking the bike to work on sunny days because of what I need to do to make it happen 😅

That's where having the bike at the front of garage.  Not to many locks to remove, no side alleys, no difficult, curbs is important.

Yesterday I took my bike to work 1.5 miles away as it was easier than having to back and fill out of parking and fighting for parking.

Then I only use jacket gloves and lid.  If bike was at back of garage with wheel barrow in front I might not of made same decision..

On 03/04/2021 at 22:07, Six30 said:

gravel ..not good

So far the gravel I can cope with, it's the step that's the issue. Riding it up/down is the best bet but if it gets stuck in the middle then I can't reach the floor to balance and try again. If I walk it down then that's fine, but it always tries to tip the other way where there is no side stand...... 

Creating a ramp situ at present until we re-do the driveway. Even without bikes, I think gravel drives are shite. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, elizabethf said:

So far the gravel I can cope with, it's the step that's the issue. Riding it up/down is the best bet but if it gets stuck in the middle then I can't reach the floor to balance and try again. If I walk it down then that's fine, but it always tries to tip the other way where there is no side stand...... 

Creating a ramp situ at present until we re-do the driveway. Even without bikes, I think gravel drives are shite. 

I hate riding in gravel. even worse when the bike weights 300kg 🙄

Dying to get the budget for paving the drive.

Maybe you would need to practice slow riding skills. Most riders are worried about how fast they can ride but few consider being able to control the bike at low speed.

• Like 2