Covid certificates

Six30

Don't really know what the fuss is about. I've had to have a yellow fever vaccination certificate since 1977 or else I don't do my job. Its no big deal. If its going to be some kind of ID card by the back door I can sort of see the argument but anyone who has a driver's licence with a photo (which I think is now every driver's licence) more or less has an ID card anyway.

• Like 4

Who don’t want it doesn’t need vaccines. Only difference is that who ever got vaccine, don’t need to quarantine when goes somewhere.

For seafarers vaccination is usual requirement so we are use to it, rest of people will get use to it soon.

on most cruise ships all employees are required to get covid vaccine, on top of that we must have MMR, TBC, Hepatitis and yellow fever shots, some companies insist on flu shots as well.

not big deal, only how to record it, maybe some digital certificate. In China is already normal, every person that received vaccine, get digital certificate with bar code so vaccine can be tracked as well.

I’m all for it. 

im also all for ID cards should they ever come about. 
My opinion on them is; if you are a law abiding citizen then you have nothing to worry about, and should I ever do something seriously wrong then I deserve to be punished. 
It’s the crims they be looking for, not little old me. 

I can see it both ways. But I do worry about how easily we have slipped into an undemocratic state where the government have used Covid as an excuse to make new laws bypassing the usual parliamentary process.

If we accept that as the norm we're only a stone's throw from becoming the kind of tin pot dictatorship that will do us no good. 

The abolition of motorcycles being one thing certain sections of the new order would like to see.

• Like 2

Having had the jab doesn't mean you're safe to travel abroad. You can still catch it and bring it back with you. Covid passports will just lull people into a false sense of security.

The breakdown in common sense we are seeing since people started to be vaccinated shows this is already happening.

Just now, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Having had the jab doesn't mean you're safe to travel abroad. You can still catch it and bring it back with you. Covid passports will just lull people into a false sense of security.

The breakdown in common sense we are seeing since people started to be vaccinated shows this is already happening.

Too true, I've had my first jab but still social distance and wear a mask when needed, not taking any chances :thumb:

Ride a motorcycle through any area where the great British public are deemed sensible enough to be put in charge of a motor vehicle, and then ask yourself if these same people are likely to act sensibly if allowed loose with international travel?

• Like 1

I'm off to Ireland for a short break in October but other than that I'm staying in the UK this year and being selective as to where I go. As soon as the brainless element start hitting the holidays it will all go wrong. For some reason holidays bring out the worst in people. From my experiences elements of  British and Russians seem to be the worst for forgetting how to behave when on holiday. I'll stick to taking the caravan away, day trips  and the garden, it will just be my misbehaving my wife will have to endure !

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

yeh but every one vulnerable would of  had the jabs , and soon people  not so vulnerable, so if we cant get back to normal by travelling etc , what is point of the jabs.

• Like 1

I do wonder if the government having discovered that in general its quite easy to terrify the population into subservience without having to resort to violence are thinking up ways to keep us that way. Can't see what the actual point might be though. I mean WHY?

• Like 1

And covid status recorded, health status, credit rating, HMRC record, last 50 people you phoned or phoned you, a real time tracker accessible by Police and security services .......

The proposed app has a function to record what vehicles you own and to switch on and off your permission to use them ....

But you get the picture .... but of course nobody posting on here has a private life or anything to hide ... do they .. so that makes it all right for the Tories to put you under surveillance ... it’s for the greater good after all ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

noone should be forced to have something they don't want. And to give ultimatums as a way to force it isn't great. The only way I can see the point in healthy people having it is if it stops you giving it to those who are vulnerable. So far they don't know for sure. Its still in its early stages and I personally don't it yet. Not saying never and don't fault anyone else for wanting it.

I’ve had covid and so has my wife and grandson, I was diagnosed on the 16th Feb and was ill for 3 weeks, wife for 2 and grandson for a few days ( 17 ) .... i’ve had jab 1 and jab 2 is in 2 weeks ....

And i am still totally against the surveillance society that is being built by the Tory party .... and will rage against the machine when it comes to it ... and i don’t have a mobile phone either ...

Will someone hold my reins while I get down off my high horse please ......

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get the suspicion as I have a degree of it myself and yes I do have a mobile phone etc. But I still don't understand why the government  needs or wants to have this level of control. What's the benefit or the point? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

And covid status recorded, health status, credit rating, HMRC record, last 50 people you phoned or phoned you, a real time tracker accessible by Police and security services .......

The proposed app has a function to record what vehicles you own and to switch on and off your permission to use them ....

But you get the picture .... but of course nobody posting on here has a private life or anything to hide ... do they .. so that makes it all right for the Tories to put you under surveillance ... it’s for the greater good after all ...

they know all the above any way .... whats the switching off your permission to use cars you own .... wil they make it compulsory to have an ejector seat fitted ?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11806997

Vaccine certificate fine by me, if only a recommendation. If I was travelling to parts of the world were the following was a recommendation I would have no problem with being vaccinated against , Cholera, Diphtheria, Hepatitis, Yellow Fever, Covid-19. 

3 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Vaccine certificate fine by me, if only a recommendation. If I was travelling to parts of the world were the following was a recommendation I would have no problem with being vaccinated against , Cholera, Diphtheria, Hepatitis, Yellow Fever, Covid-19. 

But it’s not going to be a certificate like the vaccines .... it’s an App on the compulsory device you will have to purchase and carry around ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

But it’s not going to be a certificate like the vaccines .... it’s an App on the compulsory device you will have to purchase and carry around ....

what compulsory device we will have to purchase and carry round...... you mean like a mobile phone , fook that, how inconsiderate , im with you trooper .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2