Covid certificates

Six30

34 minutes ago, Six30 said:

what compulsory device we will have to purchase and carry round...... you mean like a mobile phone , fook that, how inconsiderate , im with you trooper .

they just gave me a little blue card when i went for my first alka- seltzer jab 🤣

Given that it is the government and they are talking about something digital it will probably be a complete and absolute cluster f**k the same as every other digital cleverness they have tried.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Six30 said:

what compulsory device we will have to purchase and carry round...... you mean like a mobile phone , fook that, how inconsiderate , im with you trooper .

I reckon it will be like those ankle tags sported by crims on early release, except it will be worn round the neck and it will have a shock collar built in as a warning and if you ignore the warning it will implant a control chip to make you conform, hope they come in a range of colours.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Given that it is the government and they are talking about something digital it will probably be a complete and absolute cluster f**k the same as every other digital cleverness they have tried.

Could just include it in the NHS app.

7 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I get the suspicion as I have a degree of it myself and yes I do have a mobile phone etc. But I still don't understand why the government  needs or wants to have this level of control. What's the benefit or the point? 

If you listen to the conspiracy theorists "The great reset".

Control think hunger games, 1984, world split into areas ultimate control ete etc etc

Restricted travel ultimate control over the people big brother we are already heading there if you listen to some...

Not saying I agree just giving reasons...

9 hours ago, onesea said:

If you listen to the conspiracy theorists "The great reset".

Control think hunger games, 1984, world split into areas ultimate control ete etc etc

Restricted travel ultimate control over the people big brother we are already heading there if you listen to some...

Not saying I agree just giving reasons...

But what's the point in all that? What does anybody gain? It's just senseless and incomprehensible to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

But what's the point in all that? What does anybody gain? It's just senseless and incomprehensible to me.

Don't worry bout it, week after hunger games is enforced we will be straight into purge.

• Haha 1

I already have a COVID passport. Half completed. To be finished on 20th of April. It’s the card I was given when I had the first vaccination back in February. The fact I’ve had the vaccination is also now on my medical records. So, it can either be the card. Or on completion I could pop along to my GP surgery and they could issue a certificate. It’s neither complicated or particularly onerous to sort out. No need for an App. Why make it difficult? Or restricted to people with smart phones?

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I do wonder if the government having discovered that in general its quite easy to terrify the population into subservience without having to resort to violence are thinking up ways to keep us that way. Can't see what the actual point might be though. I mean WHY?

There is no WHY . Your just tapping into the general anxiety and paranoia of modern life . Nobody's trying to terrify anyone into subservience . A pandemic came along and we had to alter our behaviour to avoid the NHS being overwhelmed . Who else was supposed to tell us what to do other than the Central Government ? That's what elected  Governments are for , to govern . The problem today is that mainly due to the internet and social media , every Tom , Dick and Harry with a chip on their shoulder suddenly thinks they are an expert in medicine , philosophy and politics . 

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 4

Well..

My personal own opinion on Covid cert

I have so far:

UK driving license

Portuguese ID card (citizen car that includes the equivalent to NHS, NI and ID card all in one)

Passport

Tesco

Sainsbury

Morrisons

M&S

Toolstation

Screwfix

Trade point

Costa cafe

credit card (undisclosed number)

CSCS

EURS

DOMS

Organ doonor

AXA card

Fife library

Probably a few more that I don't remember

Why not a covid cert card?

If that means I can travel and go on holidays, bring it on :thumb: 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, husoi said:

Well..

My personal own opinion on Covid cert

I have so far:

UK driving license

Portuguese ID card (citizen car that includes the equivalent to NHS, NI and ID card all in one)

Passport

Tesco

Sainsbury

Morrisons

M&S

Toolstation

Screwfix

Trade point

Costa cafe

credit card (undisclosed number)

CSCS

EURS

DOMS

Organ doonor

AXA card

Fife library

Probably a few more that I don't remember

Why not a covid cert card?

If that means I can travel and go on holidays, bring it on :thumb: 

Don't think my wallet is big enough.

Just now, S-Westerly said:

Don't think my wallet is big enough.

Oh I have a card only wallet where I keep all the useless ones. :) 

Main wallet is only for a bit of cash and the cards I will use the most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fastbob said:

There is no WHY . Your just tapping into the general anxiety and paranoia of modern life . Nobody's trying to terrify anyone into subservience . A pandemic came along and we had to alter our behaviour to avoid the NHS being overwhelmed . Who else was supposed to tell us what to do other than the Central Government ? That's what elected  Governments are for , to govern . The problem today is that mainly due to the internet and social media , every Tom , Dick and Harry with a chip on their shoulder suddenly thinks they are an expert in medicine , philosophy and politics . 

I think you misunderstood me. My point is why would the government  want to or need to control the population in general regardless of covid. What is the benefit to the government? This in response to those who think "they" are out to get us.  Personally I don't think that. Yes I do think there has been and still is a degree of flailing around sometimes just to be seen to be doing something. But malice aforethought? No, just incompetence.

• Like 1

decorating and listening to LBC .... get this..... unfooking believable , 20,000 people a day flying in to the UK and 8000 of them are tourists :shock: this government is a joke , we have not been able to wipe our arses with out the threat of a fine, let alone go on holiday, business's going under due to not allowed to open to stop virus spreading .....  corporate manslaughter springs to mind .

• Like 2

COVID passport? I have not even had the jab, Then I have had COVID.

I am waiting till I can do my lateral flow tests before I think about the jab. I know a few who had the jab early after COVID and really felt it. So I am delaying.

Can I add I am not a conspiracy theorist however i do like to know the logicthey use:

@S-Westerly Why ?  various theories I have heard or seen.

1, control collapse small businesses bring supply to a handful of super rich suppliers that can control the government’s.  They already do to some extent.

2, Apparently the mega rich already get together to decide the future, yes even controlling wars etc

3, we are on a environmentally non sustainable path control people what they can do reduce pollution travel etc get our environment under control sustainability etc.

4, It was released by the Chinese to particularly effect Africans, Asians to increase Chinese  dominance those regions.

it’s all out there if you look for it I am told.

I am sure there are many more out there you can choose your own.  

If anything good comes out of this I would hope for some of no 3 then sadly As you our governments are clever enough to achieve it. If there is any truth in nos 1 or 2 the the people behind it have probably don’t care about the environment...

The certificate system could only be fairly introduced once everybody has had the opportunity to have both jabs.

It would be utterly unfair to introduce it while the younger population have not had the chance of a jab.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fastbob said:

quite right

2 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I think you misunderstood me. My point is why would the government  want to or need to control the population in general regardless of covid. What is the benefit to the government? This in response to those who think "they" are out to get us.  Personally I don't think that. Yes I do think there has been and still is a degree of flailing around sometimes just to be seen to be doing something. But malice aforethought? No, just incompetence.

I was actually agreeing with you but I could have put it a bit better . 

Edited by fastbob

2 hours ago, Mickly said:

The certificate system could only be fairly introduced once everybody has had the opportunity to have both jabs.

It would be utterly unfair to introduce it while the younger population have not had the chance of a jab.

But if everyone has had the jab why would there be any need for tracking ?

Unless of course the jab does not work ...

5 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

But if everyone has had the jab why would there be any need for tracking ?

Unless of course the jab does not work ...

I said, the OPPORTUNITY to have the jab, if someone decides not to have it, then no certificate & tough shit.

• Like 1

I do hear that those without a smart phone will be issued by the government with a coloured star to sew to their outer clothing  .... how jolly .... for the greater good of course ..

🤔

Edited by Trooper74
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

I do hear that those without a smart phone will be issued by the government with a coloured star to sew to their outer clothing  .... how jolly .... for the greater good of course ..

🤔

I do hear that special government "holiday" camps are being considered for those fortunate star wearers!

Cheers

Ian

1 minute ago, Trooper74 said:

Why a smart phone? Without any true points of reference It’s just supposition & bollox.

why not an I.d card with a chip? Or fingerprint / retinal / rectal  recognition? Or a physical passport or a National Insurance card? or a telepathic clairvoyant on every door?

Despite taking the piss, I am quite uncomfortable about the point you make, this pandemic could be used as the thin end of a very large wedge towards totalitarian control & you won’t be able to protest about it!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mickly said:

Why a smart phone? Without any true points of reference It’s just supposition & bollox.

why not an I.d card with a chip? Or fingerprint / retinal / rectal  recognition? Or a physical passport or a National Insurance card? or a telepathic clairvoyant on every door?

Despite taking the piss, I am quite uncomfortable about the point you make, this pandemic could be used as the thin end of a very large wedge towards totalitarian control & you won’t be able to protest about it!!

Yeah, stop the government to poke their noses on our lives.

We have Tesco, Amazon, Ebay, Asda, Sainsbury, Morrisons for that... 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1