Hey, Im new here and to the riding life. I want to meet riders near me. i Live in York and im 20. I dont know of anyone who rides so reply to this comment if youre interested in going for a ride!

Hey Gonzalo, welcome to the forum. You should elaborate a bit more on your "rides"

Are you talking about a 200 miles trip?

A 10 miles trip and spend the day in the pub? :) 

What type of ride you enjoy? countryside or just around York (city rides)?

I'm sure you will find someone keen in going along but you need to be a wee bit more specific :thumb: 

Have a google for any local clubs as they should be able to start up again soon :thumb:

Mind you there is nothing wrong with riding on your own, I prefer to ride on my own as I set my own pace and go where I want to go, if i decide to make a change along the route then that's what I will do :thumb:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dynax said:

Have a google for any local clubs as they should be able to start up again soon :thumb:

Mind you there is nothing wrong with riding on your own, I prefer to ride on my own as I set my own pace and go where I want to go, if i decide to make a change along the route then that's what I will do :thumb:

yes and thats exactly what i do i dont ride in groups never have thats when accidents happen when slower riders try and keep up and take chances they shouldnt 

• Like 2

What part of Leeds are you in ... ride out for a chat and a bacon buttie is always good .... ok Veggie alternatives are available ... life was so much simpler in prehistoric times ... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skyrider said:

yes and thats exactly what i do i dont ride in groups never have thats when accidents happen when slower riders try and keep up and take chances they shouldnt 

I cycle in groups, often 30 + , its a skill you learn ... same with motorbikes ...

7 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

I cycle in groups, often 30 + , its a skill you learn ... same with motorbikes ...

Wonder why you see so many professional cyclists in a huge pile up then. 😂 

I'm same with big groups, no matter how careful you are it only takes one idiot.

• Like 2

Hi.

I don't know if its open at present, if it is Fimber Cafe on the B1248 would be a good starting point. Not bad to get there from Leeds. Loads of bikers were getting in there, pre Covid. I'm hoping for a visit a week tomorrow.

Get refreshed and follow it up with a ride round the Yorkshire Wolds and then bomb on home back to Leeds down the A64.

Regards.

8 hours ago, Granty said:

I don't know if its open at present, if it is Fimber Cafe

Its always "open" but the coffee/cake hut was shut 

Seaways in fridaythorpe is all open now though 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Granty said:

Hi.

I went to Fimber last Wednesday. It was open for refreshments. Plenty of nice bikes there too.

Regards. 

Did you pass seaways on the way too? 

45 minutes ago, Stu said:

Did you pass seaways on the way too? 

Hi.

No I came in on the B1248 from Malton and Norton. I back tracked after a cup of tea and a slice of egg and bacon pie. Ended up at Hovingham, Byland Abbey and back through Hemsley to Whitby. Brilliant days ride.

Regards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Granty said:

Hi.

No I came in on the B1248 from Malton and Norton. I back tracked after a cup of tea and a slice of egg and bacon pie. Ended up at Hovingham, Byland Abbey and back through Hemsley to Whitby. Brilliant days ride.

Regards.

It's a good run that way :thumb: