Marauder 125 tick over problem

Guest cheaperholidays

HI

my sons marauder ticks over rather high and occasionally will increase revs for no reason, so you pull up and find its revving...

Any ideas

I have adjusted the throttle wheel which slowed tick over a bit, but can find no other adjustment

Kev

Guest philgale

check the choke is all the way in, suzuki's have a habit of not going all the way back properly....

other than that no idea

hi i have the intruder 125 ,, the choke cables on these mar, & intr, both have a problem with the choke cables sticking , i had that problem also what the other guys said,, hope you sort it

Just to pipe in, my wife has a gz125 that had very, very similar problems recently. With some help via PMs with gary_w (thanks again gary_w!), everything was sorted after lubricating the choke cable guides and it runs brilliantly now.

8)

Hi Everyone

Found the [problem the choke unit was broken where it entered the carb os have ordered a new one to fit..

I never could figure why i started up with no choke...

• 5 years later...

Hey guys,

I'm having the same problem with my intruder. Seems to be a case of the choke being jammed on because it is revving very high.

Can someone explain to me how to sort this out? I have very little mechanical knowledge so if you could explain it to me like I'm five that would be great.

where the choke cable attaches to the carb if you unscrew it you will find a spring inside. this is prone to snap or become deformed. it has happened to me and the previous owner of my bike.

have a look and see, it will either need replacing or you might get away with cleaning all the crud off and reshaping it.

if that is fine it could also be the idle screw which is on the left hand side of the bike nearish the fuel tap. unscrew that in quarter turns until the bike idles normally