Gilera dna 50

Guest fredbike

Is that tool a jubilee clip?

Also have exactly do i check the timing beacuas i dont really understand. thakns

No, its very similar to this (like a thumb screw) Although the bar was straight, not curved. It opens up so you can put it over a pipe, then close it.. and then screw it down :) (Turn)

http://www.elderly.com/images/accessories/ACC/GA82-BLK.jpg

I see what you mean to clamp the pipe shut.

Bit of an update i tightened the carb on to the inletmanifold because my brother though air may have been getting through there and it worked for a while not spluttering whatsoever but it still cuts out but now very suddenly without warning, although i havent tested extensivley yet it may just be fluke as the bike seem to be very tempremental.

Could it be worth taking the carb out of the bike and giving it a real good check over / clean? Checking that the float is at the correct level etc?

I dont know if you have seen my thread, but the first time i worked on a motorbike engine (and i managed to fix a screw'd cylinder and piston!) It is worth having a go, just remember how everything went etc etc... (learn alot that way also) :)

OK the bike is running and we dont really know how we did it or when/if it will brake again, all my brother did was wiggle a wire (dont know what its called) and it started to get better until it was running floorlessly then when it was running he wiggled the same wire and it had no effect watsoever so that was strange, and obviously i dont have a massive amount of faith it the bike as last time it ran the next day it cut out half way through a ride so i supose ill just have to see how it goes,

Also we checked the carb completely and it was near enough spotless, fuels ok air intake is ok so if there is still a fault (which i kinda hope there is just so it can be fixed and then ill trust the bike again) it would probably be electrical do you agree?

Thanks for everyones help.

Went to work on it this morning it got me there no problems but on the way back it cut out about 4 times but wiggling thew wire took care of that for another half mile at a time Ill get a picture of the wire on here when it stops raining.

here the pic the wires the one with the red paint on it, and the cable tie to hold it up because it has worked so far with the wire like that and if it continues to work ill know its the wire thats the problem.

003.jpg.4ebfb2a795cfaeda16047c57ef8c649f.jpg

pic

First off i cant actually see the photo but im gueing its there otherwise you would'nt have said that lol

and second if its a sidestand cut out switch wire and it keeps cutting the bike out is it doing it job for a reason? if it is there must be a bigger problem, but i dont even know what that wire does so im just making suggestions from the name :D heres a pic from further away

P.S sock on airfilter it was raining.

1734701313_bikeproblemwire001.jpg.49db352ee59f8fe462a65246d8c5ee16.jpg

Now I can see the bigger picture, I don't think it is off the sidestand cut out switch, I don't even think it has a cutout switch. I think what you really need is an auto-electrician. Sorry I can't be more help but electrics really arn't my thing