Can anyone on here recommend a school to do the DAS test through?

I was going to use Advantage Wimbledon but it looks like they are closed? 

There seems to be quite a few places about but it's hard to tell which are good and which bought their reviews.

Any suggestions in South or southwest London?

Also, how much is a reasonable fee for instructions, bike hire and the tests? 

Just a thought.

If you are based in Portsmouth like it says on your profile I wouldn`t mind betting it would be cheaper to use someone local rather than pay London prices.

If you can go out west I know of Lightning training near Slough and also Oxford where a mate works.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ian Frog
Spelling
  • Like 1

You could try Phoenix, but they will like almost all others be looking after those that had training/tests canceled due to the lockdown.

Fish

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Just a thought.

If you are based in Portsmouth like it says on your profile I wouldn`t mind betting it would be cheaper to use someone local rather than pay London prices.

If you can go out west I know of Lightning training near Slough and also Oxford where a mate works.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian 

I'm firmly in London now. Hadnt even thought of the location on my profile.

Using someone outside London would likely be cheaper but Oxford over 2 hours drive for me. Would make for a very long day.

15 hours ago, Fish said:

You could try Phoenix, but they will like almost all others be looking after those that had training/tests canceled due to the lockdown.

Fish

Yeah I'm expecting there to be a long waiting list. I've my CBT and theory done so I might as well get my name down somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ShouldKnowBetter said:

I used Phoenix for DAS and then the DVLA Advanced. I’d highly recommend them, decent people, good training, and I passed 😀 

Ive booked in a taster session on a "big bike" with phoenix. They seem to have a good rep, worth it for a tenner. 

• Like 2

On 28/05/2021 at 21:56, daveinlim said:

Ive booked in a taster session on a "big bike" with phoenix. They seem to have a good rep, worth it for a tenner. 

Which location?

On 30/05/2021 at 22:52, bonio said:

That could prove to be the most expensive tenner you've ever spent 🤣

I've got a feeling you're going to be right about that. I just want my L plates off. And maybe a CBR 😁

• Like 2

So I've had my first taster on something bigger than my 125.

I had about 40 minutes on a Honda cb650f. 

The instructor seemed like a nice guy and knowledgeable. I learned a good bit in that short time. Managed to fit in a few mod 1 bits like the slalom, figure of 8 and U-turn. All which seemed easier than on my 125 which is wierd. 

I just need to book the training/test through them now. Get it done. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...