Help me on deciding my next bike

potatobroxd

I'm once again asking for your motorcycle advice (perhaps financial too after buying). Currently im torn between the Kawasaki Z900 and the Z1000, I sat on both and the Z900's lower seat height + 12kg lighter makes it feel much lighter and flickable than the Z1000, but the styling of the Z1000 and the extra power is also very tempting.

I havent managed to test ride either since im buying used. I'm upgrading from a 650, so im not sure if the 122 ponies of the z900 would make me crave for more power. I'm very torn between both so opinions of any bikers that have ridden either of these would be much appreciated. TIA

Pictures for reference:

Green bike: Z1000

Grey/Red: Z900

FB_IMG_1621753791711.jpg

FB_IMG_1621753798697.jpg

Edited by potatobroxd

Maybe you just want to scratch the itch of owing a litre bike, I did when I bought my EXUP & R1.

If you got the 900, you would always wonder "what if" on the 1000.

In reality though, the R1 is so fast i can't give it full throttle for more than a couple of seconds in any gear and im over the speed limit so having all that power is slightly academic for me,so having the 900 with lighter weight would be better.

I also prefer the look of the 1000

• Thanks 1

A 1000cc has the same power as the 900 if you use the throttle right with a bit extra to spare :D 

Pics when you pick up the 1000 please :lol: 

• Haha 1

My GS has 125 horses in a bike weighing a great deal more than the Z900 and, on the road, I’ve never felt more to be needed. Perhaps on a track day... though that hypothesis goes out the window if you’ve ever tried to keep up with Dave Halsall (instructor with Hopp Rider Training) on a GS around Cadwell Park...

• Haha 1