Group ride 22/5/21

Bonnyboy

Hi all. I just joined the group because I need to identify a group of 30+ bikers that  surrounded my 19 year olds son’s car yesterday at Scotch Corner after a small RTA. Several bikers tried to smash his windows then dragged him from the car and punched his head and face. He was petrified.

I am a biker myself and this behaviour is appalling and gives other bikers a bad name.

can anybody identify this group travelling north on A1 towards A68 at 4.30 pm ish? 
thank you.

1 hour ago, Bonnyboy said:

Hi all. I just joined the group because I need to identify a group of 30+ bikers that  surrounded my 19 year olds son’s car yesterday at Scotch Corner after a small RTA. Several bikers tried to smash his windows then dragged him from the car and punched his head and face. He was petrified.

I am a biker myself and this behaviour is appalling and gives other bikers a bad name.

can anybody identify this group travelling north on A1 towards A68 at 4.30 pm ish? 
thank you.

Surly the police will be able to identify them, there are loads of cameras ?

Thanks guys. The police are going to check the fuel station, but not sure if got anything yet.

such a large group- someone in the group must be unhappy with the behaviour of fellow bikers.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonnyboy said:

Thanks guys. The police are going to check the fuel station, but not sure if got anything yet.

such a large group- someone in the group must be unhappy with the behaviour of fellow bikers.....

Are they bikers or dicks on bikes! 

I'm going with the latter 

Hope you get it sorted 

Although the behaviour of the bikers is disgusting, what did your son do to be involved in an rta, I don't think he has told you the full story as it just doesn't add up.

• Like 1

A bike pulled out in front of him from the services and he braked but knocked the biker over. However the same guy was the first to hit him after they dragged him from the car.

which bit doesn’t add up for you?

I take it the reg number of the bike he hit is either known by your son or on the cctv from the service station?

Hopefully easy to identify his first assailant and therefore his travelling companions.

Cheers

Ian

39 minutes ago, Bonnyboy said:

A bike pulled out in front of him from the services and he braked but knocked the biker over. However the same guy was the first to hit him after they dragged him from the car.

which bit doesn’t add up for you?

Just trying to get the full picture as you have only told us what your son has told you.

So we have a group of 30+ bikers that surrounded your sons car, that were heading North on the A1 towards the A68, now were they all surrounding the car or just a few and was there another group perhaps heading North.

You cannot directly access or leave the services from the A1 at Scotch Corner, so some clarity on the overall situation would be helpful.

I understand you want to find these people and I have no issues with that as it is out of order, but something else must have happened for your son to have been treated this way.

He has only told you part of it, that is all  i am saying.

Some idea of what kind of bikers were involved might be helpful . For example , was it a Back Patch MC on Harleys  or was it a bunch of young yobs on dirt bikes and quads ?  To be honest , I think that you are clutching at straws by joining here and posting a request for information . 

Edited by fastbob

Surely if your son has hit a bike I presume the bikers was blaming him? if so why did they not exchange details? 

I suspect the bike could have been dodgy in which case I think you may struggle 

2 hours ago, dynax said:

Just trying to get the full picture as you have only told us what your son has told you.

So we have a group of 30+ bikers that surrounded your sons car, that were heading North on the A1 towards the A68, now were they all surrounding the car or just a few and was there another group perhaps heading North.

You cannot directly access or leave the services from the A1 at Scotch Corner, so some clarity on the overall situation would be helpful.

I understand you want to find these people and I have no issues with that as it is out of order, but something else must have happened for your son to have been treated this way.

He has only told you part of it, that is all  i am saying.

It turns out they were all  Harleys.  Curious what bike You ride Dynax.?

2 minutes ago, Bonnyboy said:

I ride a 125cc cruiser the one in my avatar :thumb:

9 hours ago, Bonnyboy said:

If they were all Harleys your son may well have had a run in with one of the less savoury kind of motorbike  clubs and if so he is a) lucky not to be in hospital and b) has no chance of any of them grassing on the rest. 

• Like 5

I don't condone in any way shape or form what they did to your son, but something happened prior to the accident that puts your son at fault which he hasn't told you about.

Was he distracted in some way, using a phone, having loud music playing, mates in the car with him, no disrespect to either of you but your son is an inexperienced driver at 19 just because he passed a test does not mean he knows everything.

He was doing something that caused him to lose concentration for that few seconds before the accident.

This is what does not add up for me.

14 hours ago, Stu said:

Surely if your son has hit a bike I presume the bikers was blaming him? if so why did they not exchange details? 

I thought that gang kids stolen bikes, however if all Harley’s I would suspect another tight nit group of bikers.

Not certain who would be more dangerous:

1) youths on stolen bikes, Kids on drugs with no consequences,

2) experienced men who consider them selves blood brothers, above the law & who believe they are force to be reckoned with

Putting 2+2 together with bikes being harleys type,  Probably with 3 piece patches on back, not the sort of biker group you argue with.

I am guessing with 30 odd bikes the first biker out was going to marshal traffic for the 30 bikes following to “maintain the pack”.

The way these packs ride is very regimented, it’s a matter of pride.  The traffic marshals are often the “prospects” for who there is allot of pressure not to loose face.

I have had it recommended you don’t over take them, unless you can do it safely, without entering the pack and have confidence they will not catch you.

15 hours ago, Bonnyboy said:

@dynax I have to say I am impressed never saw you in this light.

As the mental picture I have of your biking is more the “Blue Oyster Bar” 😛😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, onesea said:

@dynax I have to say I am impressed never saw you in this light.

As the mental picture I have of your biking is more the “Blue Oyster Bar” 😛😁

I only wear the assless chaps on very special occasions :lol:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Stu said:

One Percenters all ride fully legal bikes . To my knowledge it's a strict club rule . You're no use to a club if you get banned or attract unwanted Police attention . 

• Like 1