TMBF DOWN SOUTH PORTSMOUTH ON AUGUST 17

<t>portsmouth here we come</t>  

17 members have voted

1. 1. portsmouth here we come

• sat the 16
    • sun the 17
    • too far can i crash at yb on way

Bugger...gonna have to give it a miss now. The girlfriend's booked us a weekend away and chosen the weekend in question. Ah well, it is on the bikes so not all bad :D

Maybe next time...

Clarence Pier .. a wretched hive of scum and villainy! I decided to go have a look at the place today and took a few pictures. It's easy to find, just enter Portsmouth on the M275, follow the signs for Gunwharf Quays, then ride on past Gunwharf Quays and keep going straight. There are a couple of large carparks .. both free for motor cyclists. How will we identify each other?

IMG_0318.JPG.49cc860fa604a6c3c55fc8a202ca8ea1.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG.a3b7812fe117a5287b9c43b3a80b854a.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG.f0a59fd1097929331a6b07ffc94211c9.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG.81f8292a8df242eff5cd912f02325b52.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG.0151834e168580623b0b2fdee3224a96.JPG

Well I would have loved to have gone to this but alas I will be away, although not too far, just along the coast at Swanage/Corfe for the weekend (thurs to mon).

I am working the Sunday the week before but can easily get rid of that job (cos it's worth about £250 so there will be someone to cover me at work) so I could meet up with someone the week before if there is a plan for that. :)

Roy can we have have register thingy like we had for The ponderossa meet where we put down our names.

It might be easier to see who's coming so we could meet on the way down.

Clarence Pier .. a wretched hive of scum and villainy! I decided to go have a look at the place today and took a few pictures. It's easy to find, just enter Portsmouth on the M275, follow the signs for Gunwharf Quays, then ride on past Gunwharf Quays and keep going straight. There are a couple of large carparks .. both free for motor cyclists. How will we identify each other?

Wots scummy about the pictures ???? :shock:

Actually ...a very nice place ...and like everywhere ....South ..East ..North ..West ..everywhere has its UPS and DOWNS???

We will see ....after the meet maybe :wink:

I am not being big headed ..but i no Portsmouth like the back of my hand 8) was brought up there ..and have a son that lives at Gunwharf Quays..(Portsmouth Harbour /Ferry Port).

Clarence Pier/Funfair..was always a popular meeting place for biker's ..that was the reason i suggested it ...but plz bear with me ...havent been there for few years now ...only to visit my son ... at Gunwharf .. . as i live bout 8-9 miles away !!

There are motorcycle parking spaces. If you look on Google Earth at the small circular section where it says 'Buses Only' on the concrete sections in between the lanes are motorcycle parking spaces. I think. :?

I had a look at the concrete bits you mention when I visited last Saturday. They're not official motorbike parking spots but I think you could get about 15 bikes on each if you tried. The car parks are both free for motorbikes and do have some reserved bike spaces.

i went down there tonight as we have a big bike night on the 1st wed of the month (good meet u should come down for that) anyway there is a bike parking spot round the back of the arcade when you get there you will see a crazy golf thing with a big skull and there is a nice car park there. i would recomend that as its free and that place right by the buses there are bikes always parked there but i have seen the old trafic wardens get funny with us. up to you guys i would recomend that tho.

looking foward to seeing you all down here.

Ok peeps now it there can we use it register ya name please

ALSO AS THE GOOD OLD WEATHER WILL PLAY ITS PART, IF IT SUNNY OR DRY ME AND LAD WILL BE COMING HOWEVER I AINT DOING 300 MILE WET SO WILL POST ON HERE SUN MORN IF I NOT COMING IF NO POST THAT MEAN ME AND LAD HAVE LEFT