Honda NSR125R

Guest Bobbowen

<t>Is the NSR125 a good buy?</t>  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is the NSR125 a good buy?

• YES
    • NO
    • IF YOU GOT TIME/MONEY

I am looking to buy an Italian import NSR125R. Has anyone got any good/bad/ugly experiences with NSR's as it will be my first bike. I have had a moped but nothing over 50cc before. I also don't know too much about engine repair, I can maintain one pretty well but if anything goes wrong: it's having a holiday... :)

Hmmmmmm no idea to be honest, how long a time are you looking at riding yer 125?

Just get a decent four stroke that'll do you til you can upgrade

Welcome to the club 8)

I was thinking about keeping it for a while. 1 maybe 2 years. Would I be better buying a CG, for example, and upgrading when I pass my test?

hey, the NSR125 looks very good but i would say only get it if you want to keep it for say about 2 years and if you can afford it, i bought my 125 new and im goin to keep it minimum 2 years

Its Honda fella, need i say anymore. Good bikes, don’t require that much attention if you look after it well. They handle well and are nippy for a 125 but nothing compared to the rs125 or cagiva mito 125 of course.

You can pick them up in good condition fairly cheap on ebay also.

If you need to know anything more, message me.

Matty is right!! honda are reliable machines, although a bit slow gettin parts in if they havnt got any in stock, nothing a good moan doesnt sort out though :D anyway its very unlikely it willl need a part unless someone reverses into it :roll:

Depends what dealer you use. My mate “ Rob “ from Formula RS can get parts easy peasy :D

well its not what you know its who you know :D and if he could have a got a spoked front wheel for a VT125 c for me that would have been great :P i already got one but i have a source now :lol:

I'm buying an NSR 125 as my first, been told they are very nippy loads of fun, but watch the engine, make sure it has been looked after, but thats true of any 2nd hand bike really i guess, good luck let me know how you get on.

Rachel

Not bad bikes performance wise for a 125.. But as said, dont compare to a Cagiva Mito or RS. I'm not a fan on NSR's really though.. to me they are pretending to be something they aint... a big sports bike.. and with the smallish wheels etc Is why i was put off.. but thats me :)

I have an NSR fetish...

Only thing you do need to watch for is if they've been abused to hell like many sporty looking 125s. As I recall, they're two stroke, bless them, so they can end up a little worse for wear.

If she's sound and well looked after though, I reckon it's a good buy (so do let me know when you've finished with her :wink: )