35 minutes ago, Paul-Kent said:

Not seen this particular device before, but I have recently been looking at mounts & I’ve seen on YouTube & read some horror stories.

I ended up paying £50 for an Ultimateaddons set up that I can guarantee will stay secure & waterproof at speeds upto  120MPH on a Naked bike: just don’t ask me how 😉

1 hour ago, Paul-Kent said:

I have bought to last went with bike I sold bought another...  For the price you cannot argue.

• 5 weeks later...

On 28/05/2021 at 21:19, Paul-Kent said:

That looks exactly like the copy of the RAM mount, I have the RAM version and it's been good so far, so long as you make sure to use the butterfly rubber strap with secure the phone to the tips it should in theory be OK; can't vouch for the quality of this unit though. 

That will work if you don't hit bumpy roads and your phone is waterproof.

I've looked at several alternatives for my shadow and ended up making my own phone mount.

case cost under £25 and mount I believe was from a £1 land

776788810_phonemount2.thumb.jpg.a2c583aa3e060d1289b5a7cf6d3c56cc.jpg

Only had to drill 1 hole for the bolt to the mount.

1971093472_barmount.thumb.jpg.e6e8db25091826476f37680b1a2eaf90.jpg

Not pretty but very practical and perfect for waze :) 

• Like 1

Like Paul, I only use an old iPhone 5 as my sat nav on that RAM mount so I have it in a waterproof case made by Lifedge. Brought it on eBay from an ex-seller of the company for a tenner so it's held up good so far. The rubber strap does need to be used to secure the phone to the mount, I've went through many bumps and it's held fine.

I went with ultimateaddons, too, as I wanted a waterproof case for the phone. Feels really secure, but I've not done the speeds @Mickly is able to vouch for :angel12:. Bit of a faff to open and close the case, but it gets easier as you get used to it.

16 minutes ago, bonio said:

I went with ultimateaddons, too, as I wanted a waterproof case for the phone. Feels really secure, but I've not done the speeds @Mickly is able to vouch for :angel12:. Bit of a faff to open and close the case, but it gets easier as you get used to it.

How do you find the sensitivity of the touch screen?

I’ve found it a bit hit & miss recently, especially with gloves.

100% miss with gloves on. It's ok with hands. So I set it up to follow a route as far as some place where I know I'm going to have a break.

A bit a ironic that my gloves used to have bits on the fingers that were meant to activate touch screens; they wore off years ago.

26 minutes ago, bonio said:

100% miss with gloves on. It's ok with hands. So I set it up to follow a route as far as some place where I know I'm going to have a break.

A bit a ironic that my gloves used to have bits on the fingers that were meant to activate touch screens; they wore off years ago.

Get some conductive thread and a needle, won't fall off. 

• 1 month later...