Hi Guys,

As per the title, what are your experiences with it - if any? Lambeth have dedicated 'motorcycle bays' which look as secure as a chocolate teapot. Ie no ground anchors or enough posts to secure your locks to and I've even seen some bikes knocked on their sides, what it with it being a high risk burglary area and the fact the Met Police advise to chaining it to secure ground fittings such as a lamp post etc gives me reason to believe this should be acceptable.

I've noticed one resident on a street nearby who chains his super-bike to a lamp post with a cover outside of his house. It provides no obstruction and has been doing that for years. I have scoured the council website and legislation online but there doesn't appear to be anything definitive - so just thought I'd give this place a stab before picking up my wheels next month. 

Any experience/info would be much appreciated. 

Cheers 

Not sure regarding the local authority but my main concern would be keeping the chains off the ground.

If you get any complaints then raise the issue with them about inadequate security measures.

According to the Bennett’s website pavement parking in London is not allowed.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/advice/biking-tips/where-can-you-park-motorcycles-rules

parking rules seem to vary from borough to borough.

see also here . https://www.rideto.com/blog/london-motorbike-parking-rules

In London you are not allowed to park on the footpath. 

In Lambeth you can park in solo bays or on the street for free if there isn't pay and display or residential parking in force. 

However, figuring this out in a place you are not familiar with is a pain in the arse.

Highway code rule 244

Rule 244

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Law GL(GP)A sect 15