Jump to content
  • Sign up now

    Registration is quick and easy 

New Bike


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Liveware Problem said:

I chopped in my old gsxr 600 for a new Yamaha Tracer 700, rode up to Chorley on the suzuki and back on the tracer, 440 miles all in!

 

First impressions are good, plenty of torque, although it's going to take a while to get used to a twin after an inline four. Looking forward to putting some more miles on it this summer 😎

 

 

20210605_161147.jpg

20210606_194800.jpg


when I swapped from my GSXR750 to a Speedtriple I unconsciously dialled in the revs I would on the Gixxer as I launched from some lights…. I was lucky not to flip it.. you have been warned 😉

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations. 🎉

Big change from an inline four to a twin. Given a choice, though, I'd go for a torquey twin every time :thumb: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bonio said:

Congratulations. 🎉

Big change from an inline four to a twin. Given a choice, though, I'd go for a torquey twin every time :thumb: 

Do like a torquey twin, especially a v-twin. Noisy though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, S-Westerly said:

Do like a torquey twin, especially a v-twin. Noisy though.

I'm on my second triple in a row. I've loved the engines in both: torquey enough for real world usefulness and revvy enough to satisfy my inner hooligan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bonio said:

 

I'm on my second triple in a row. I've loved the engines in both: torquey enough for real world usefulness and revvy enough to satisfy my inner hooligan.

 

Can't deny triples are great, how are you finding your beast now you've had it a bit longer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Liveware Problem said:

 

Can't deny triples are great, how are you finding your beast now you've had it a bit longer?

So far, it's amazing. I'm 1900 miles in now, and really enjoying it. And I've hardly started; I find it takes a while to get really familiar with a bike. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Liveware Problem said:

I chopped in my old gsxr 600 for a new Yamaha Tracer 700, rode up to Chorley on the suzuki and back on the tracer, 440 miles all in!

 

First impressions are good, plenty of torque, although it's going to take a while to get used to a twin after an inline four. Looking forward to putting some more miles on it this summer 😎

 

 

20210605_161147.jpg

20210606_194800.jpg

I had one of these when my 900 tracer went in for its service last year really great light bike lots of fun to be had!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, potatobroxd said:

Has to be down in power.. but do you feel that at all riding this beauty?

 

Hard to say at the moment as I'm still running it in, but yes it doesn't have the top end power of a supersports. 

 

I'm hoping the extra grunt low/mid range will be satisfying enough for road riding :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/06/2021 at 11:03, Liveware Problem said:

 

Hard to say at the moment as I'm still running it in, but yes it doesn't have the top end power of a supersports. 

 

I'm hoping the extra grunt low/mid range will be satisfying enough for road riding :)

Great engine the CP2. I have the MT07 and the low-mid torque is great fun and enough power for our roads, gone are the days for top end stuff, enjoy 👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.