Came off today...

Guest lukefiori

Guy walked out onto a crossing (crossing just before a sharp right turn) on RED (his red, green for me) so I didnt want to slam my brakes on as Id skid and probably hit him, so i went far left, missing him walking in the middle of the road, came out the corner fine, then my back tyre just ran wide and I fell off at 20mph in a mess, landed on the other lane, bike was turned wrong way... Anyway, I got off with just grazes...

Damage to bike

Scratches to exhaust and fuel tank..

Little part of the exhaust broke off..

Foot brake lever is bent right up 2 inches above normal sitting hight, but its NOT bent... It must have shifted in its hold??

Damn

Ye its working fine mate, just the brake pedal is 2 inches higher than it should be and the brake light is constantly on... Ill have a look tomorrow its too dark now and I didnt get a chance today as I was at a gig.

No sir he just waled off... I guess its partly my fault for not being a great rider, I think most of you experienced riders would have handled the corner fine and not come off... Practise makes perfect I guess!!

:roll: oh dear Luke---ffs how did back wheel go out ??-- no point saying owt just good job you are ok and plank is fine--seems bike some cosmetic damage but goes still--

--sorry to hear this but don't let it put you off---learn from it--watch everything and everyone at all times that's all I'll say :wink:

I dont know, its the second time the back wheel has done that... I think it may be coz the back wheel is 130, its got a big wheel and not enough weight to keep its grip like a big cruiser would have. So it aquaplanes easy...

New tyre might do the trick, tread is ok but its a race style tyre.. very smooth

here is your new pillion Luke

she'll put a little more weight on the back---oh! and look she even got somewhere to put the beer---nice :wink:

http://th133.photobucket.com/albums/q79/BABE0807/th_1524018949_l.jpg

Have you checked your headstock and front end ect. They can be tempromental in falls.

And yeah, if you're loosing grip on the back tyre, i'd get the best road tyre you can, lets face it, a 125 cruisers not gna be gaining my benefit from slicks.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way when you were sliding what happened precisely? Did you apply power and the back end went and you held the throttle or did it just lose all traction. I've had a similar problem loads of times because I always use the back brake on wet days to avoid losing the front end because if that goes no matter how good you are, you are going down.

The back end should of snapped back in place unless you were winding the throttle on.

I dont know, its the second time the back wheel has done that... I think it may be coz the back wheel is 130, its got a big wheel and not enough weight to keep its grip like a big cruiser would have. So it aquaplanes easy...

New tyre might do the trick, tread is ok but its a race style tyre.. very smooth

Glad your ok Luke. Sorry about the bike, it'll mend though.

Check your tyre pressures mate, your rear shouldn't be doing that. Tyre pressure is a good place to start.