Back to biking

Davidtav

I bought a Kawasaki Z650 after a break from biking of about 20 years. I’m 60 now and I thought a bike would be a bit of fun again occasionally on nice days. Actually it has been more than I ever imagined. Being a sad widower, my main interest really is sailing a boat I keep in North West Scotland. I am using my bike to travel between Yorkshire and my boat. I have to admit that I enjoy riding the bike as much as I enjoy sailing my boat. That wasn’t expected. So apologies for my ramblings. But I’m thinking now of upgrading to a new Ducati Monster. Wondering if that is a bit over the top?  I won’t ride it any quicker than my Z650 … I suppose I’ve always hankered after a Ducati and the Monster seems the most appropriate?  … I have to say there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Z650 and although it isn’t a touring bike it copes fine with some luggage. I will attach a pic of my bike loaded when I recently left Portavadie. Which is where I keep my boat. … and if you are wondering. Yes I am in my boat in Scotland today. And yes it is raining. … not sure what my question is exactly, think it is should I buy a Ducati Monster?

058A4752-8512-414A-8B35-63125DEC234E.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Davidtav said:

Yeah definitely pics of the new bike. But probably a few months off. The 650 is basically new as well

@Stuonly went for a day out and came back with a new bike, these things happen quicker than planned sometimes 😂 

• Haha 1

Even I look at that pic of my 650 at Portavadie and think what’s wrong with that … after taking it I went for a piss and another boat owner said he wished he was going for the ride on my bike!  While we were both pissing lol

• Haha 1

Thanks   It is a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 33.2 if you are interested … I actually lived aboard Scorcher full time for about three years after being widowed. … I’m still trying to sort myself out to be honest alto know I have a great boat

I appreciate every comment. I probably have a great boat. I get it. I probably have a shit bike … no I probably have a mediocre bike which I’m happy with … yeah sorry for not being more precise

1 hour ago, Davidtav said:

Apologies if I’ve annoyed motorcycling people with my boat stuff. Sorry 

We all have other hobbies ........................sorry some others do :lol: 

I am sure some will appreciate the pics as there is a few in to boats/sailing on here 

Welcome! (back) Sorry for your loss. If you can afford a new bike and to run that boat I'm sure you've got a few quid - plenty of young ladies will happily chaperone you ad help make you less sad, I have found in my)(admittedly limited) single life experience! 

Nice boat. Definitely start a post in the off topic forum thing.