Back to biking

Davidtav

I can strongly recommend the multistrada 950 but then I would as I've got one and love it. Had a boat as well 35 ft Dudley Dix. Took it to Portavedie once and having argued with a lobster pot in the dark had to get the boat hoisted to pull the shift to change the stern seal. Kept mine in Bangor as it was half the price of Scotland. 

Definitely try the Multistrada 950S. It's a cracking bike, will make the trip to Scotland effortless and enjoyable. And lug most of your sailing kit up there with you. And I'm not biassed - I've never had one. The only thing is, if you do get one, it has to be red.

Don't have a boat; I sail occasionally on the Broads. You can hire decent gaff rigged boats from Hunters Yard. No engine. Just gas lights and a quant pole.

Dinghy man myself, I race a Laser which I am increasingly aware is a young man's boat, and potter about in a Graduate. I did however win last year's club series in my Laser.

Some club mates are trying to persuade me to invest in a Supernova.

12 hours ago, dynax said:

Can't see any rod holders :lol:

Fishing what a way to destroy a good days sailing.

Nice boat, sadly just selling my boat, although a smaller one is in the horizon.

6 hours ago, onesea said:

Fishing what a way to destroy a good days sailing.

Nice boat, sadly just selling my boat, although a smaller one is in the horizon.

I always used to fish at anchor. Didn't use to catch much apart from mackerel but quite like fresh mackerel  sushi so no real hardship.

13 hours ago, bonio said:

Definitely try the Multistrada 950S. It's a cracking bike, will make the trip to Scotland effortless and enjoyable. And lug most of your sailing kit up there with you. And I'm not biassed - I've never had one. The only thing is, if you do get one, it has to be red.

Don't have a boat; I sail occasionally on the Broads. You can hire decent gaff rigged boats from Hunters Yard. No engine. Just gas lights and a quant pole.

Absolutely agree with the red colour except when you get offered a brand new bike with 2 miles on the clock for 9k instead of 11,500 but it's white. Guess what I've got?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

I always used to fish at anchor. Didn't use to catch much apart from mackerel but quite like fresh mackerel  sushi so no real hardship.

Put a fishing line out at anchor down here your likely to catch a variety sea creatures jet-skis, paddle board, kite boarder, waterskier, still the odd windsurfer and kayaker out there but they appear to be a rare breed these days. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Just to add to the nautical theme.

20190722_131744.jpg

Is that a paddle board? Had a go on one in the Lake District,  spent more time in the water than on the board! 😆 Obviously an acquired skill....

4 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

Is that a paddle board? Had a go on one in the Lake District,  spent more time in the water than on the board! 😆 Obviously an acquired skill....

Yes mate.

SUP.  Great fun in the sea.

I'm quite poor at it but the kids are good on it.

I thought she was off to Holland.....

20210502_094107.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bender said:

Been long time since I did canoeisting, 

Middle of winter on the river wear, what a lovely time of year to capsize, no wetsuits, was fooking freezing. 

I made that one when I was in NZ .. Summers were hot and it was a pleasure to fall in!

Edited by KiwiBob
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

I made that on when I was in NZ .. Summers were hot and it was a pleasure to fall in!

The kayak goes in the North Sea.....

Never hot, always bloody freezing even in the heat of summer.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2021 at 18:31, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

The only way you will know is to try one. I hankered after a Ducati once. Then I had a go on it and hated it. But bikes are a very subjective choice and one man's poison is another man's meat.

This.

I’ve tried three Ducati bikes and liked one, and then not enough to replace the bike I had at that time. 

On 15/06/2021 at 19:27, Davidtav said:

You might be bored by this. But this is my proper passion. Scorcher

C3E1AA87-2F42-4BE5-AE68-4B4ED8456FC7.jpeg

Nice boat. I got as far as getting my Competent Crew cert, then realised I just wouldn’t have the time to sail… and the bike would have to go to pay for the boat. I might be slightly envious… 

3 hours ago, NeilM said:

Yes mate.

SUP.  Great fun in the sea.

I'm quite poor at it but the kids are good on it.

I thought she was off to Holland.....

20210502_094107.jpg

My mates wife is brilliant on them, I stand up, briefly, immediately get jelly legs and the side to side wobble on before falling in and swallowing another mouthful of the lovely Irish Sea!  😂. Thankfully I’m better at riding bikes than I am paddle boarding 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

My mates wife is brilliant on them, I stand up, briefly, immediately get jelly legs and the side to side wobble on before falling in and swallowing another mouthful of the lovely Irish Sea!  😂. Thankfully I’m better at riding bikes than I am paddle boarding 

It takes a while to get upright. 

Paddle on your knees initially to get used to the waves etc.

In time you'll be well away.

I'm afraid tho, as with a lot of things. With  SUP you can't buy cheap. It will be crap and have no stability. 

• Like 1