Oxford Montreal 3.0 trousers

Bought from SBS for £90, reduced from £120.

I wanted some waterproof trousers for those summer days when the forecast is a bit mixed. On the Honda with a top box I can carry separate waterproofs but the Bobber has no storage other than a small swing arm bag that I keep a disc lock in. So they needed to be reasonably cool but waterproof. I have demin Red Route jeans for dry days and a set of RST textiles for bad weather, so it was something in-between that I was looking for.

Most reviews for these say how warm they are which makes it sound like they're not much good for summer rides, but that's with the thermal lining in place. Take the lining out and they are great for summer temperatures and have zipped ventilation pockets you can open if needed.

Most reviews say they are a tight fit for the usual size. I'm a 36 so bought a 38 (XXL) and they are a loose fit but very comfy and since they have bib straps as well as a waist belt being loose isn't a problem. With the lining out I can wear them over normal trousers if I need to ride to a meeting and not sit there in bike trousers.

Many reviews also say they are flappy from the knee down. They are quite wide at the bottom of the legs but I'm quite happy with that as it's easy to get them over my boots. 

What I like about them is that they are:

comfortable, really comfortable

have two normal pockets and two side pockets with velcro flaps, saves taking my leg bag for my wallet and phone

there is knee protection installed and pockets for hip protectors

cool for summer (and clearly from the reviews warm in the winter with the lining back in)

waterproof (it lashed down on the way home today and they kept me bone dry)

at SBS price a good deal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2021 at 08:32, MikeHorton said:

I've got a lot of Oxford gear and have to say it is good value. My heavyweight winter stuff is spada and I have to say it keeps me dry and warm even in the depths of a cruddy winter.

I bought the Oxford Mondial Jacket & Trousers a couple of years ago - build quality and fitment were OK, big problem, it couldn't  keep water out, and they were supposed to be the new laminate suit. Returned them to SBS who returned them the Oxford, fair play they sent out a new suit within a week however I've hardly worn it in. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pie man said:

I bought the Oxford Mondial Jacket & Trousers a couple of years ago - build quality and fitment were OK, big problem, it couldn't  keep water out, and they were supposed to be the new laminate suit. Returned them to SBS who returned them the Oxford, fair play they sent out a new suit within a week however I've hardly worn it in. 

Maybe they've changed the fabric. I was out yesterday in two lots of heavy rain at motorway speeds, the trousers kept me bone dry. I had my wallet in one pocket and mobile in the other, both pockets were dry inside. So far so good.

6 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Maybe they've changed the fabric. I was out yesterday in two lots of heavy rain at motorway speeds, the trousers kept me bone dry. I had my wallet in one pocket and mobile in the other, both pockets were dry inside. So far so good.

Mondial & Montreal are different products so probably act differently 🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Oops - didn't spot that.

Oxford Mondial Advanced Laminate Motorcycle Clothing - What Oxford allegedly Say about their product. "Employing a laminate outer shell, incorporating Oxford highest Dry2Dry™ waterproof and breathable membrane bonded to a tough nylon construction. The advanced WarmDry™ thermally mapped removable liner is low-bulk but high-insulation providing comfort in cold weather conditions. What Pie man says - "anyone want to buy an Oxford Textile Motorcycle suit". 😂 Guaranteed to keep you dry 

sexy blink 182 GIF 

• 7 months later...
13 hours ago, johnakay said:

on Oxford products what does 1.0,2.0,3.0 mean?

better quality or better water proof?

I've no idea what the numbers mean but so far these have kept me dry. They're looking a bit worse for wear from the knee down due to me riding in all weathers and the state of winter roads. I originally bought them for summer / intermediate use but with the thermal lining back in they are my go-to winter trousers because they are so comfortable and flexible.

The one downside is as mentioned, they are quite wide at the bottom of the legs, great for ventilation in the summer but if you don't get them right in the winter you can get a draught on your shins at high speeds. I wear them as overtrousers and tuck my normal trousers into my boots and that works fine. 

• Thanks 1