Riding into the test centre on an A2 but getting off and wheeling it in

So most of the training schools where I'm at don't have any spaces available until September. Thing is, i need to get my A done before the 17th july so i've booked my mod 1 without going to a school. I have an SV650S which i'm insured and taxed on. so what's the protocol when it comes to riding the bike to the test centre then getting off before it and wheeling it into the centre? Will they allow that or will they try and stop me? And then same on the exit.

If the place is anything like the one in Nott'm they wouldn't know whether you rode it or pushed it.

They would know that your not with a school though and may want to check your insurance.

If you have insurance the safest bet would be for a friend to get the bike to the centre .. 

If you get caught riding it without a licence you may lose it before you even pass your test!

• Like 1

How are you insured ?

Am sure you're policy will state that you must hold the Correct Licence for the insured vehicle .

Which you currently don't so technically voiding your insurance which is worth 6 points  and then your riding otherwise in accordance to a licence which can carry 3-6points .

So if your licence us relatively new you have lost it already not to mention the fines .

Shall i continue ? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TimR said:

How are you insured ?

Am sure you're policy will state that you must hold the Correct Licence for the insured vehicle .

Which you currently don't so technically voiding your insurance which is worth 6 points  and then your riding otherwise in accordance to a licence which can carry 3-6points .

So if your licence us relatively new you have lost it already not to mention the fines .

Shall i continue ? 

So true, how are you insured to ride this bike? You don't even have the license? Even to be a named rider you need to have the license already.
Think about it logically, unless you stay the street away from the test centre, there is no way the test centre is going to think you wheeled the bike all the way from your house to the test centre if it's like 10miles away. 😂

On 29/06/2021 at 15:47, KiwiBob said:

If the place is anything like the one in Nott'm they wouldn't know whether you rode it or pushed it.

They would know that your not with a school though and may want to check your insurance.

If you have insurance the safest bet would be for a friend to get the bike to the centre .. 

If you get caught riding it without a licence you may lose it before you even pass your test!

I've got an A2 but i dont have any friends with an A license

On 29/06/2021 at 17:54, JackieOWheels said:

So true, how are you insured to ride this bike? You don't even have the license? Even to be a named rider you need to have the license already.
Think about it logically, unless you stay the street away from the test centre, there is no way the test centre is going to think you wheeled the bike all the way from your house to the test centre if it's like 10miles away. 😂

Thing is, I'm insured because they dont check if you have it restricted tbf. I also have had an A2 for over 2 years

On 29/06/2021 at 15:47, KiwiBob said:

Caught by who? the test centre? Because everything about the bike is in order, insurance tax mot etc. only thing is that it isnt restricted down from its full power

2 hours ago, Quimo said:

Thing is, I'm insured because they dont check if you have it restricted tbf. I also have had an A2 for over 2 years

Oh right, if that's the case then when are you wheeling the bike in, shouldn't you just ride it in if they "don't check"

• Like 1

So let me see if I've understood this right:

You've got an A2 licence, and you're riding an unrestricted SV650, with insurance that covers a restricted SV650 - or least a bike which you're licensed to ride, which amounts to the same thing. Is that about right? And you want to use the bike to take your full class A test, which means the examiners have to understand that the bike needs a full A licence, and that you don't have that licence?

I'd have thought the first thing they're going to do is to check the insurance. Second thing will be to check the bike's MOT and tax. It's true they don't normally check these, but this is because nearly everyone does the test on a school bike, and the schools are already checked out by the DSA. 

The way I understand it, the only test you can take on your own bike is the A1, as you can legally ride a 125 without an A1 licence. It's theoretically possible to take the A2 and A tests on your own bike, but the difficulty of getting insurance means that it's next to impossible, or at least crazy expensive. And the examiners know this too.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bonio said:

So let me see if I've understood this right:

You've got an A2 licence, and you're riding an unrestricted SV650, with insurance that covers a restricted SV650 - or least a bike which you're licensed to ride, which amounts to the same thing. Is that about right? And you want to use the bike to take your full class A test, which means the examiners have to understand that the bike needs a full A licence, and that you don't have that licence?

I'd have thought the first thing they're going to do is to check the insurance. Second thing will be to check the bike's MOT and tax. It's true they don't normally check these, but this is because nearly everyone does the test on a school bike, and the schools are already checked out by the DSA. 

The way I understand it, the only test you can take on your own bike is the A1, as you can legally ride a 125 without an A1 licence. It's theoretically possible to take the A2 and A tests on your own bike, but the difficulty of getting insurance means that it's next to impossible, or at least crazy expensive. And the examiners know this too.   

As he seems keen I think we should encourage the guy to ride to the test centre on his bike and see if he gets to take the test!

It will answer a lot of questions that others ask!

Of course should it all go well and he passes Mod1 I can't see him getting a Mod 2 slot before his 17 July deadline.

Edited by KiwiBob

On 29/06/2021 at 15:13, Quimo said:

So most of the training schools where I'm at don't have any spaces available until September. Thing is, i need to get my A done before the 17th july so i've booked my mod 1 without going to a school. I have an SV650S which i'm insured and taxed on. so what's the protocol when it comes to riding the bike to the test centre then getting off before it and wheeling it into the centre? Will they allow that or will they try and stop me? And then same on the exit.

You've already lied about the insurance, and i'm pretty sure this won't be the first time you ride what is, technically, an uninsured vehicle. (6 points if you get caught = loss of licence before you’ve even got it)

Just crack on. Ride to the front, wheel it in, wheel it out when finished and wheelie away if you pass.  

to all the nay sayers, mod 1 passed. they were really nice about it and didn't even probe me about having a restriction or not. they also didnt check for the insurance too so thanks to all the people that got me worried for no reason ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Quimo said:

to all the nay sayers, mod 1 passed. they were really nice about it and didn't even probe me about having a restriction or not. they also didnt check for the insurance too so thanks to all the people that got me worried for no reason ;) 

How do we even know what you said is true? Lol.

15 hours ago, JackieOWheels said:

How do we even know what you said is true? Lol.

I mean I can send the certificate if you'd like since you're having such a hard time grasping the concept :)

Also, this is an oddly specific chat topic, wouldn't you agree jackie?

Edited by Quimo

39 minutes ago, Quimo said:

I mean I can send the certificate if you'd like since you're having such a hard time grasping the concept :)

Have you managed to get a MOD 2 slot? .. They're as rare as rocking horse shit in Notts.

20 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

Have you managed to get a MOD 2 slot? .. They're as rare as rocking horse shit in Notts.

Yep!!! I got one on Saturday which was a god send. So I'm so glad I passed mod 1 yesterday

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quimo said:

I'm not having a hard time grasping BS that's all. Like why did you even ask a question when you didn't even need it.

4 hours ago, JackieOWheels said:

I'm not having a hard time grasping BS that's all. Like why did you even ask a question when you didn't even need it.

Why you mad? thought a forum was to ask a question and get answers. Not snarky remarks from middle aged men who think they're hard and clearly don't know how to work a forum site. How about you just keep it to yourself if you've not got anything useful to add or anything that would help the person asking the question. Simple common sense mate

10 minutes ago, Quimo said:

Why you mad? thought a forum was to ask a question and get answers. Not snarky remarks from middle aged men who think they're hard and clearly don't know how to work a forum site. How about you just keep it to yourself if you've not got anything useful to add or anything that would help the person asking the question. Simple common sense mate

I'm not mad at all, I couldn't care less if you're telling the truth or not 🤣

17 hours ago, JackieOWheels said:

I'm not mad at all, I couldn't care less if you're telling the truth or not 🤣

Uh huh... and if you couldn't care less then why bother giving your input? you know... since you couldn't care less