Anyone used Eurocamp for overnight Stops

Pie man

Or as a base when touring in Europe, (in one of their caravans or tents) I've never thought about using them for overnight stops or as a base when on the bike. Just wondering how much the overnight stop would be in one of their caravans. 

I used to use Eurocamp or Canvas holidays donkeys years ago for overnight stops on the way to the south of France. I found them both very good value.

Do Eurocamp still do overnight stops? or is there a minimum stay (3 nights)?

Your best bet would be to give them a call.

There are plenty of campsites, especially in France that rent semi/permanent structures as an alternative to camping. Best for more than a few days though as there is always a final charge that includes cleaning the place for the next guest. I’ve seen teepees. Yurts. Gypsey caravans. Mini chalets. Even what can only be described as an oversized barrel. These are never at municipal sites. Always private owned. In Germany there is less of it as they’re camping and caravan mad. You do find small chalets in Austria are common. Might be best to decide on an area then search within that area on what’s available then book direct. The bikers campsite we stayed at in the vercors, France was particularly well set up for this type of holiday. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

I used to use Eurocamp or Canvas holidays donkeys years ago for overnight stops on the way to the south of France. I found them both very good value.

Do Eurocamp still do overnight stops? or is there a minimum stay (3 nights)?

Your best bet would be to give them a call.

Hi, Yes they still do overnight stops. A quick call is all that's needed closer to the time for booking/cost/price. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I used Eurocamp in ‘18 and ‘19 for trips to bottom of France and back. There were 5 of us on two week tour. A mate did all the booking well in advance, and gets very good deal which includes tunnel. A couple of the group were on tight budgets, the Eurocamp approach was about as cheap as you can get and makes for easy planning - it cost us £301 per head for 14 nights accom and return tunnel. It’s one step up from camping, has its charms and makes for good crack.  We did a mix of 1 and 2 or 3 night stays.

We had booked for ‘20 including a push into Spain - there’s a Eurocamp near Bilbao which could be a base for day trips to Picos. If we are staying single nights we keep the mileage around 150-200, try to arrive at destination around 4pm. We tend to stay for more than 1 night at the end of a long day. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pie man said:

Now France is accessible, you can get a Monday to Friday deal in a 3 berth caravan for Less than £190. 

That will help offset the cost of the tests you will require.  test before you leave and then prior to your return and after you are back. 3 tests in total I believe and all assuming you are double vaccinated.

41 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

That will help offset the cost of the tests you will require.  test before you leave and then prior to your return and after you are back. 3 tests in total I believe and all assuming you are double vaccinated.

No test required for outbound. £30 for return Lateral flow test and on return day two PCR test £43 still far cheaper than £1'199 for a caravan in Cornwall  - however you run the risk of a positive result while out there and no support apart from a call to your insurance for help........ 

3 hours ago, Pie man said:

No test required for outbound. £30 for return Lateral flow test and on return day two PCR test £43 still far cheaper than £1'199 for a caravan in Cornwall  - however you run the risk of a positive result while out there and no support apart from a call to your insurance for help........ 

Thats alright then, but to be honest I can't be doing with the hassle just to get into or back from the eu. so, we're going to the eu but without any tests at all. incognito - like. disguised as bikers on a mission. 

• Like 1

My Euro plans have changed now, due to lack of available information or support for the independent traveller, I cant afford to isolate abroad for 10 days. Trip delayed until next year.  

• Sad 2

Even if I could travel, most destinations seem a bit risky at the moment: at any moment the country you're in can go orange and you're scrabbling with thousands of others in a race to get back to Blighty before midnight. 

It would make a great board game. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pie man said:

My Euro plans have changed now, due to lack of available information or support for the independent traveller, I cant afford to isolate abroad for 10 days. Trip delayed until next year.  

i read earlier today as from 2nd August you van travel to france as long as you got proof of double jab Luxembourg as well

4 hours ago, Pie man said:

We are going to Ireland in 3 weeks time as the rules are VERY simple and much less likely to change at short notice than France, for example. No testing or quarantine required at all for the fully vaccinated.

Screenshot 2021-08-10 at 21.13.34.png

Edited by Gerontious

8 minutes ago, Bender said:

Not everyone has a van though. 

Luxembourg remains closed to UK visitors, the situation is up for review on September 30th. You can pass through the country.. but you cannot stop-over. stay in a hotel or campsite. This is made clear on the Lu. Embassy website. see below.

Screenshot 2021-08-10 at 21.56.02.png

Edited by Gerontious

41 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i read earlier today as from 2nd August you van travel to france as long as you got proof of double jab Luxembourg as well

Yeah I have looked at that, Only need to provide proof of double jabbed by showing the NHS app and sign declaration form (engagement-sur-l-honneur), which I have down loaded. Its coming back in to the UK. I need to carry out lateral flow test 72hrs before and PCR test after day two upon my return. I can buy the lateral flow before I leave the UK, My concern is 'what if the lateral flow is positive'. Stuck in France on a campsite with no support or do you have to present yourself at a quarantine hotel. 

Already changed plan and heading Norf. Heading up to John O Groats and the NC500ish. 

The Alps will have to wait until next year - maybe

Edited by Pie man

43 minutes ago, Bender said:

Not everyone has a van though. 

next year the van will be going out there loaded with the bike in the back , do a couple of weeks out there, Luxembourg , germany , switzerland , take the mrs as well mind.... 

• Like 1