Scotland 2021

fastbob

What still surprises me is having restaurants in touristic areas that are closed on Saturdays and open for a few hours on Sundays.

On 12/07/2021 at 18:14, Bender said:

Unfortunately you can come across knobs every and anywhere, in Scotland if its a weegie which tend to be the worst, I put on my best worst accent and mumble some profanities 

Nice pics 

I experienced this in a pub called the Kilcreggan, funnily enough in a place called Kilcreggan, just west of Helensburgh. I’d gone to watch a footy match - a Liverpool European championship match - not a supporter, but I’d left the Missus & Mother in  Law in the cottage- you get the idea 😁

Any way, I was propping up the bar having a quiet Tennants when I became aware that one of the two very pissed blokes sat at a table trying to talk to me & all I could hear  was “Weegie, Weegie, f*ckin Emilie Heskey, Weegie, Weegie”

I ignored him, which seemed to wind him up so he staggered to his feet & drew him self to his full height of 5’6” although he was that size wide - he then stood by me giving it more Weegie F’Kin Emile Heskey, I told him I couldn’t understand a word he was saying & told him to f’ck off & leave me alone, the young barman intervened, but he just got a mouthful of Weegie obscenities- some of which I could understand, just before it really kicked off, one of a group of middle aged women stood up & and from what I could make out, threatened to tell his missus that he was pissing his wages up the wall, he went quiet, finished his drink & left.

According to the barman, the guy had got off the fishing boat after 4 nights at sea & armed with his cash wage packet had been in there for 8 hours.

While I would have had no problem in “defending” myself I’m not sure which way the rest of the pub would take it, so I count myself lucky.

• Like 3

Looks like a good trip,  glad you enjoyed, looking forward to getting up that way myself in September ..... As for the ar*ehole in the van,  rest assured,  with an attitude like he had, sooner or later someone is gonna give him a right good hiding, richly deserved IMO 👍