North Wales trip

Stu

Me and the wife took a trip to Wales for 4 nights and as usual we had fantastic roads and fantastic scenery :D 

And to top it off awesome weather :cool: 

We booked pretty much last minute which meant we was pretty much struggling for accommodation! We usually head to Betwys-Y-Coed as a base then have a few ride outs from there 

I could not get the 4 nights I wanted so ended up settling at a place 7 miles up the road and while the hotel was OK it wasn't great for the price we was paying but beggars couldn't be choosers. We usually like a bit of a walk on a night too but we couldn't even do that as we was stuck on a main road! 

I was supposed to be route planning on the weekend run up to us going but the mother in law decided to do a number on herself and ended up in A&E for near enough 12 hours! so as a result I had no routes whatsoever! 

Not a huge problem to be honest but still I like to have some sort of plan. I quickly put a route together for going and even though it took me about 10 minutes it was a cracking route there so I re created it for the return journey 

Once in Wales we just toddled about on the local roads taking in the scenery with a trip up to Ponderosa and down to cardigan bay and grabbed a few tags along the way. 

The weather was fantastic and the road was pretty quiet too. 

It was also the first decent trip on the new bike with the wife so she was a little nervous! which soon passed once we got going. the bike never missed a beat and was fantastic all the way there and back and covered just over 880 miles. 

Although I had some power issues with the sat nav which I need to look at but its not bike related 

Overall it was a great trip and well overdue! we figured out that it been 2 years since we had been away due to covid :shock: 

Heres some pics including the tags too :lol: 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Me and the wife took a trip to Wales for 4 nights and as usual we had fantastic roads and fantastic scenery :D 

And to top it off awesome weather :cool: 

We booked pretty much last minute which meant we was pretty much struggling for accommodation! We usually head to Betwys-Y-Coed as a base then have a few ride outs from there 

I could not get the 4 nights I wanted so ended up settling at a place 7 miles up the road and while the hotel was OK it wasn't great for the price we was paying but beggars couldn't be choosers. We usually like a bit of a walk on a night too but we couldn't even do that as we was stuck on a main road! 

I was supposed to be route planning on the weekend run up to us going but the mother in law decided to do a number on herself and ended up in A&E for near enough 12 hours! so as a result I had no routes whatsoever! 

Not a huge problem to be honest but still I like to have some sort of plan. I quickly put a route together for going and even though it took me about 10 minutes it was a cracking route there so I re created it for the return journey 

Once in Wales we just toddled about on the local roads taking in the scenery with a trip up to Ponderosa and down to cardigan bay and grabbed a few tags along the way. 

The weather was fantastic and the road was pretty quiet too. 

It was also the first decent trip on the new bike with the wife so she was a little nervous! which soon passed once we got going. the bike never missed a beat and was fantastic all the way there and back and covered just over 880 miles. 

Although I had some power issues with the sat nav which I need to look at but its not bike related 

Overall it was a great trip and well overdue! we figured out that it been 2 years since we had been away due to covid :shock: 

Heres some pics including the tags too :lol: 

Cracking pictures. 

What is a toddle 😂 I'm  assuming it's somewhere between a pootle and a bimble 😂

Thinking of heading that way on Friday for a ride out. :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pie man said:

What is a toddle 😂 I'm  assuming it's somewhere between a pootle and a bimble 😂

Yeah its right bang in the middle :lol: 

Just bear in mind some of the kids are starting to break off now so it may get a little busier 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Yeah its right bang in the middle :lol: 

Just bear in mind some of the kids are starting to break off now so it may get a little busier 

Yeah we're off camping next week with the kids, off to Anglesey for a few days. On Friday I'm hoping to catch up with an old touring buddy who lives in Ruthin. We will probably end up trundling around the back roads. 😀   

• Like 1