Can I ride a Yamaha Tricity 125 on just a CBT Please?

Hi All,

Yes, I know it's a dreaded scooter and not a bike. But I am very nervous about getting onto the roads. I was in a 70mph into the armco car crash years ago and it gave me a bit of a phobia. So, now in my 50s, I am hoping to get onto the roads. Given the fact that I am a bit chicken, but still want to give a go, the plan is to do my CBT get a Yamaha 125 Tricity, pootle around on that for a while to get some experience and road sense and then do direct entry when I have some confidence. I like the Tricity because I have read about its stability but I have read in some places that I can ride one on just a CBT and in others that I can't. I have no car licence.

Ultimate aim is a nice big juicy Trike. :)

Any help would be much appreciated x

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Nice short and simple: Yes you can ride that scooter on a CBT 😁

Remember a CBT only lasts for two years though so you will either have to plan on taking a full license or live with having to take a CBT every couple of years

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rightstuff said:

I think you can ride up to 400cc trike scooter  it's to do with the front wheel spacing 

She will be limited to a 125 on a provisional as she has no full driving licence :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Gears are just another control.  I don't know why people get obsessed with it.  Disengage the drive train, shove a different cog in and reconnect. Talking about it makes people apprehensive.