bike fest , 7th of june be there or be square

super-gsxr-steve

BikeFest UK returns to Donington Park on Saturday June 7, 2008 and is once again supported by the UK’s leading sportsbike magazine - Fast Bikes. Launched last year attracting nearly 7000 visitors, BikeFest is a totally interactive, one-day show where show goers can ride Donington’s famous Grand Prix circuit, test ride a new bike, or just chill out and soak up the sights and sounds of this action-packed bike event.

There’s an enormous amount going on at Bikefest UK, including;

• Manufacturers paddock

• Massive retail area filling the whole of Paddock 1

• The Globe of Death & Xtreme Trials stunt teams

• Suzuki Off Road arena where visitors can have a go on one of their bikes

• Trials bike test course

• Mini Moto track right in the middle of the show

• Kill Spills parade lap which will attempt to break their own World Record set at Bikefest 2007

• Chris Jones Fund Charity auction

• Test a new bike on the road with the BSM rideouts

• Seminars and training by the California Superbike School

• Race Team Paddock – see how the experts do it

• Not one, but two dyno trucks

• Helmet Park provided by Riders for Health

Ticket price & availability

Ticket type Gate price lastminute.com price

General admission ticket £15 £10 (save £5)

• Please note: Price is subject to a booking fee of £1.20 per ticket

Ticket delivery

• Your tickets will be sent to your delivery address by First Class post

Event information

• Doors open at 09.00

Event starts at 09.00 and ends at 17.00

• No age restrictions

Under 14s free with a paying adult

• No dress code

Venue information

Donington Park Race Circuit, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2RP

• BR station: Long Eaton

• This venue has disabled access - please contact the organisers directly for specific details

Please note that for this event, we are acting as disclosed agent for a third party supplier.

Links

Just been looking at the weather, and it's looking good. Bright sunshine and a temp of 22 degrees!!

Anyone fancy making this a rideout? I was thinking we could meet in Derby and make our way out from there?

I am happy to organise a meeting point if people are up for the ride out?

ooh i might come, my first big ride! :D

havent got a clue how to get there and dont want to go on mi own though :(

says its about 50 mins from me

tryin to talk fc into it but he's working fri night so i might not manage it..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

might be able to sell it if i can promise bargains tho?????? are there any???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right, if anyone wants to join me in riding there I am arranging a meeting place of here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=DE22+4AA&ie=UTF8&ll=52.930094,-1.506114&spn=0.011408,0.029182&z=15

This is a McDonalds so we can meet in the car park.

Don't know what time everyone wants to meet though, so suggestions are welcome? Personally I was thinking 10am?

The show opens at 9am.

I'll be taking the small peeps so won't be on the bike but would still be upfer meeting up at Donny Park with anyone going!

Timings for our arrival depend on whether or not Junior Slogger Sheepy has a tennis coaching course in the morning or not.

I guess I might be able to pop over for the ride in then nip home and do the Dad-style duties if need be!

i think ill be there then!, that way i can tootle up to derby on mi own then meet you all at the mc donalds, but as ive only just passed mi test i dont wana go too fast even though its only bout twenty mins from there to donnington, do you mind going a bit slower for me?

i think ill be there then!, that way i can tootle up to derby on mi own then meet you all at the mc donalds, but as ive only just passed mi test i dont wana go too fast even though its only bout twenty mins from there to donnington, do you mind going a bit slower for me?

Don't worry about that Barbie, we always go as fast as the slowest rider. Don't mind a slow ride at all.

No one else has suggested a time, so I will and say between 10 and 10:30.

I am going but will be in car as I am hoping to kit my partner out with new riding gear. Little dave (The Boy Not The Bike) will be going as well. I'll watch out for yer pink leathers. :D

bout ten thirty is fine for me, so whos comin then...
I think Stedebs is joining us, and if she has not killed FC for the calves comment he might be joining us.

Maybe a couple of others as well. Will have to wait and see.

philk i havent broke them in, bit stiff still lol so think ill try and be less conspicuous in the black ones im afraid!

This is the perfect opportunity then. Put em on. By the time you have done the miles you are going to do on sat, they will be sorted!!