Least favourite bike owned

Stu

7 hours ago, MarkZ said:

CX500 Maggot, more unreliable than the T140 I had. 

My CX500 remains one of my favourite bikes. Possibly rose tinted glasses because it was my first “big” bike. My experience differs from yours as mine never gave a moment’s trouble. 

22 hours ago, Pie man said:

The Last of the flying Brick - BMW K1200RS SE. A superb high speed mile muncher that could carry luggage and pillion - no problem however, the problem was the weight, brilliant for two up touring, but not something I enjoyed riding on a Sunday afternoon scratch for an hour or two. 

I actually liked my K1200RS.  Bought for mile munching and that was what it was good at.  Ride for 2.5 hours untill it needs fuel then ride for another 2.5 hours.  Sad to see it go.  You could toss it could corners but it took a bit of effort and shifting body weight.

I have not disliked any of my bikes.  Even my Puch "sports" moped.

BMW-side-with-panniers.jpg

Edited by keith1200rs
Trypeing error
  • Like 1

A Honda 250N Superdream - what a pile of shite, slower than anything else of a comparable capacity, wayward handling & the subject of a massive amount of piss taking … only had it a month then sold it to an old guy who strapped a massive top box to it & used it for commuting.

it was replaced by an X7 … much better in all respects.

• Like 1

A ZX9R, 1994, the B model. I traded in a GSXR1100 for it in 1998. First couple of days it was fine then the brakes went, then the radiator, then…I crashed it. The only bike I’ve truly hated. Got rid of it for a Fireblade which in contrast was one of the best bikes I’ve ever owned.

On 29/07/2021 at 21:40, Steve_M said:

My CX500 remains one of my favourite bikes. Possibly rose tinted glasses because it was my first “big” bike. My experience differs from yours as mine never gave a moment’s trouble. 

In fairness, I gave mine to a friend who had no problems, Honda gods getting there own back for sticking with Brit bikes as long as I could.

• Like 1

It pains me but I'd have to say my K3 Gixxer 750.

It's not that it was bad, it just really didn't suit the kind of riding that I like to do. Having wanted that exact bike since the day it came out I loved it but I seemed to be finding an excuse not to ride it more and more often so I've just sold it.