Advice on getting a new bike

Ben7158

I'm completely new and never ridden a motorbike, I've got my CBT booked this month and plan on getting a Lexmoto.

I'm looking at Lexmoto diablo and Lexmoto lxr .. the general needs of the bike are;

• I'd like to do Uber eats so I want comfort and reliability 
  • Just a general commuter, I'll be coming back and forth from uni so I'll be going on a motorway (not technically a motorway but might as well be)
  • Beginner friendly 

I think the diablo is a bit more like a scooter and user friendly or whatever, lxr is absolutely gorgeous imo and my heart's set on it even tho it's a bit intimidating haha. The Lxr seems more like a sports type of bike and idk how comfortable it is or how different the seating positions are and whether it's good for long hours delivering.

What do you guys reccomend, and feel free to reccomend any other starter bikes that you think would be good. Thanks for the help 👍

The very fact you want reliability should be enough to remove Chinese bikes from your list, even if it doesn't rust before your eyes you will spend more time waiting for it to be serviced than you will Riding it, suggest you look at warranty terms and service schedule. 

Then look at something else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To add to what Bender said another thing to think of is resale value.

A brand new £1800 Chinese bike will probably get you £500 in a year or so's time. A 5 year old Japanese bike bought for £1500 will still sell for £1500 in a years time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pie man said:

I would sooner buy an older Aprilia

And even some of them was bad!! 

Steer clear of Chinese tat! you will fail uni as you will be breaking down all the time :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

And even some of them was bad!! 

Steer clear of Chinese tat! you will fail uni as you will be breaking down all the time :lol: 

yeah and we wont get our Uber eats 😂

• Haha 1

I have a 2021 Lexmoto LXR125 and so far so good with reliability. It also looks and sounds amazing! 

However, if you are going to be riding your bike in all weathers due to doing Uber eats I wouldn't suggest you buy a Chinese manufactured bike. Spend a little more and get something a bit more robust. Honestly, in the long run you'll be glad you did. 

• Like 1

Choosing a bike is like choosing a girlfriend.

Would you ask for advice or you go for what is best for you and for what you like? ;)

Edited by husoi