bike wihtout a center stand

F4113n

ok, so my bike aint got a center stand....so how do i get the fron tup to take the front wheel out...safely mind...

i've got a car jack but i dont think that'll help much...n i dont have time t go get a bike jack due to time limit involved and work....

:/

help

is the bike garaged?

If so, you could probably rig up a rope & pulley system from one of the garage rafters.

Probably not the SAFEST thing in the world, but if you take your time rigging it (and protecting your bike with towels / sponges etc...) you'd probably be alright?

is the bike garaged?

If so, you could probably rig up a rope & pulley system from one of the garage rafters.

Probably not the SAFEST thing in the world, but if you take your time rigging it (and protecting your bike with towels / sponges etc...) you'd probably be alright?

actually.. this probably will end in tears...

I've actually no real idea on how to go about it without a stand... perhaps there's some kind member near you with one to lend?

Put the bike in gear (ie lock the back wheel), tie 2 ropes to the head stock, and pull them back, and to the left and right, till the front wheel is off the floor, then tie them down.

This is somewhat a bodge job but it just came to mind. Good luck whatever you do.

Car jack and a board under the centre point?

Leave in gear and brace/lash it into position - or better yet get someone to hold it upright for you.

Car jack and a board under the centre point?

Leave in gear and brace/lash it into position - or better yet get someone to hold it upright for you.

i did this one.....actually works quite well, got me mum t hold bike as it weighed almost nowt to hold in one place. got wheel off and changed discs over, took about an hour.

thnx for all the (jerry rigging) ideas :)

p.s. dont ever try using garage rafter as a pulley system.....it did almost end in tears :o