Hi,looking for advice?

Looking to do my mod2.

Do I need to do it through a training center or can I book my own test and get someone to drop a bike off at the test center for me to take test on. 

Have done a DAS course but failed my mod 2, and there are no training centers in my area but there is a mod 2 test center?

Hope thus makes sense and any help grateful received 

It shouldn't be a problem but the main issue is insurance and different underwriters have different rules regarding insuring an UNLICENSED rider, the simplest way would be via a school/training centre.

Do you have current valid CBT,THEORY and MOD1 if any of those have expired you won't be able to just do a MOD2, and if your THEORY has expired you will also need to retake a MOD1.

I mean, if you've done Mod1 then doing the Mod2 is exactly the same . Surely where you did DAS, the center would help out

sorting out MOD2 again and for you to use their bike?

Have you tried booking a mod 2 ? I've seen some posts that lead times are really long. This is one other advantage of using a school they are likely to be able to get you a test earlier. Also what did you fail on ? Do you need further instruction to get you through ?

Personally I'd go to the nearest school even if it's an hour away. Get on thier books book a couple of hours refresher and do your mod 2 through them. It may seems like a bit of a pain but if you try to do it yourself you could be looking at long waits for tests, Issues getting insurance and if the issues that caused you to fail have not been addressed you might have to go through the whole process again. When I was learning my school was 45 minutes aways, there are loads closer but it is one of the best around so was willing to make the effort to go over there for lessons.