Sales & New Products.

onesea

To start the thread rolling two things caught my eye today...

Cardo headset: £116

Good functions how ever only pairs with one other rider by my reading.

But otherwise plenty of useable features.

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/cardo-freecom-2-bluetooth-intercom-solo?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-NaJBhDsARIsAAja6dOpuwZx2LIvtq2LF42kKs2GyQe39CjvAC9U-Y9vdABRZk5rn_FJ3lMaAuOqEALw_wcB

TomTom rider 550 £300 or less but no warranty.

As a my phone can do the job person I am tempted...

https://www.google.com/search?q=tomtom+rider+550&oq=tomtom&ie=UTF-8#scso=_wtM3YcP5GNKegQb8mZOQAg7:148.5

Edited by onesea

The issue - I think - with the TomTom Rider is that the "lifetime maps" promise means that you get map updates for the lifetime of the gadget. What this means in practice is that some number of years after the device was first release, the map updates stop. The 550 first came out in 2018, so three years of updates have already passed, and you only get whatever time is left on it - another three years perhaps? It's not a reason not to buy it, but it explains why the price the thing is coming down.

I've never had a TomTom, so perhaps someone who has can explain how it works better.

• 2 weeks later...

I was after a disc lock for the Honda. I decided on an Oxford XD10 as the pin will fit the holes in the disc ( my XA14 is too big).

RRP is £39.99, SBS has them for £33.93. BDLAmotorbikes has them for £28.99 which SBS price matched.

Comes with a reminder cable. 

One nice feature is they lock just by pressing the pun down, you don't need to use the key to lock it.

13 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

One nice feature is they lock just by pressing the pun down, you don't need to use the key to lock it.

Nice deal but that feature puts me off I would put it on and realise my key is, probably about 100 miles away…..

For the sat nav I have to say. I use both waze on the phone for the shadow on short trips (under 250 miles).

Th phone does the trick for that kind of use.

I also have a zumo xt for the pan european, this is for long trips, +500 miles. It definitely makes a difference.

Before the zumo I used the phone for continent touring and had overheating problems most of the time. Then the charge went by midday and had to keep the phone plugged all the time making it worse for heat.

The zumo works perfectly for longer trips with far more features than the phone.

For the intercom, I bought years ago a chinese intercom, when I say years ago was back in 2015 and is still running strong with the battery lasting well over 5hrs. Have a FM radio incorporated and connects up to 6 intercoms regardless the brand.

On 07/09/2021 at 22:08, onesea said:

To start the thread rolling two things caught my eye today...

Cardo headset: £116

Good functions how ever only pairs with one other rider by my reading.

But otherwise plenty of useable features.

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/cardo-freecom-2-bluetooth-intercom-solo?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-NaJBhDsARIsAAja6dOpuwZx2LIvtq2LF42kKs2GyQe39CjvAC9U-Y9vdABRZk5rn_FJ3lMaAuOqEALw_wcB

TomTom rider 550 £300 or less but no warranty.

As a my phone can do the job person I am tempted...

https://www.google.com/search?q=tomtom+rider+550&oq=tomtom&ie=UTF-8#scso=_wtM3YcP5GNKegQb8mZOQAg7:148.5

I bought a scala rider q1 rwinpack for £150 I think it was old stock but works just fine for me and my wife real bargain and v happy with it

• 2 months later...