Looking for 125 cruiser.

21 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Ur right but for many money and licence is a limiting factor. My AT has no chrome I miss it in the summer but I'm glad I do t have it in the salty winters. I do like some of the latest Indian cruisers

Yes , I realize that but look at the bigger picture here . You are happy to spend £3,000 on a 125 that is dressed up in all kinds of unnecessary crap to make it look like a badly drawn Harley Davidson . Why not keep your money in the bank and buy a tatty but functional 125 like a Yamaha YBR or a Honda CG , learn to ride , learn about bikes and maybe even do it up a bit and make a little profit . Then , when you are ready , you get your full license and buy a real Harley . 

Screenshot_20210913-101714.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fastbob said:

Yes , I realize that but look at the bigger picture here . You are happy to spend £3,000 on a 125 that is dressed up in all kinds of unnecessary crap to make it look like a badly drawn Harley Davidson . Why not keep your money in the bank and buy a tatty but functional 125 like a Yamaha YBR or a Honda CG , learn to ride , learn about bikes and maybe even do it up a bit and make a little profit . Then , when you are ready , you get your full license and buy a real Harley . 

Screenshot_20210913-101714.png

Yes I agree totally and 100% but nothing in biking is sensible if we had any sense we wouldn't ride motorbikes I think it's a sickness or an addiction I can't work out which. But I guess tastes in bikes are like life in general would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

• Like 1

The point I am making is that if you are young , and by that I mean any age between 18 and 30 , and you are drawn to a life based around motorcycles , now is not the time to be dicking around on 125's or " Intermediate " bikes . They really are going to turn off the petrol . Once the middle classes have all got their creepy silent cars and it's no longer a vote loser there will be no stopping the bast*rds . Sinister man of mystery , Elon Musk has already got his plans for a mega factory in Coventry drawn up FFS . So if you want a cruiser motorcycle , or any other kind of motorcycle , now's the time to go for it . A shit Chinese 125  imitation Harley costs only a Grand or so less than a well looked after second hand real  one . And the difference is night and day . 

Polish_20210913_105333403.jpg

Edited by fastbob

2 hours ago, fastbob said:

The point I am making is that if you are young , and by that I mean any age between 18 and 30 , and you are drawn to a life based around motorcycles , now is not the time to be dicking around on 125's or " Intermediate " bikes . They really are going to turn off the petrol . Once the middle classes have all got their creepy silent cars and it's no longer a vote loser there will be no stopping the bast*rds . Sinister man of mystery , Elon Musk has already got his plans for a mega factory in Coventry drawn up FFS . So if you want a cruiser motorcycle , or any other kind of motorcycle , now's the time to go for it . A shit Chinese 125  imitation Harley costs only a Grand or so less than a well looked after second hand real  one . And the difference is night and day . 

Polish_20210913_105333403.jpg

And again yes I agree with you 100% but we are all different. I prefer a snowball and you may be more of a babysham type of a guy! I'm not hardcore enough for a drop of blue nun!

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/09/2021 at 13:58, MikeHorton said:

And again yes I agree with you 100% but we are all different. I prefer a snowball and you may be more of a babysham type of a guy! I'm not hardcore enough for a drop of blue nun!

Don't forget that the difference in running costs, fuel consumption and insurance would be astronomical between those two bikes. If somebody's a new bike rider and not made of money and doesn't care about bike snobbery then a Chinese cruiser is by far the better bet. Certain Chinese bikes actually use Honda Benly clone engines that are perfectly fine. Tyres for a Chinese cruiser are £35 each whereas a tyre for a Sportster starts at around £100. That's pretty much the same with all other bits and pieces. It all just depends on what you're after. Want to ride often and ride cheap? Go Chinese and get lots of biking experience under your belt. Want to stand around polishing your pride and joy with empty pockets- go Harley.

5 hours ago, lingeringstink said:

Don't forget that the difference in running costs, fuel consumption and insurance would be astronomical between those two bikes. If somebody's a new bike rider and not made of money and doesn't care about bike snobbery then a Chinese cruiser is by far the better bet. Certain Chinese bikes actually use Honda Benly clone engines that are perfectly fine. Tyres for a Chinese cruiser are £35 each whereas a tyre for a Sportster starts at around £100. That's pretty much the same with all other bits and pieces. It all just depends on what you're after. Want to ride often and ride cheap? Go Chinese and get lots of biking experience under your belt. Want to stand around polishing your pride and joy with empty pockets- go Harley.

Is that so ? 

IMG_20210622_131706358_HDR.jpg

Edited by fastbob
  • Haha 2