Castle Combe Motorcycle Skills School

I attended the Motorcycle Skills School at Castle Combe, hosted by Mercury Motorcycle Training on Monday.

https://www.mercurymotorcycletraining.co.uk/motorcycle-skills-school

Think of it as an introduction to the track, whilst also trying to help you with technique to incorporate into your road riding.

Whilst you can attend a track day by itself and access instructors if you ask for them, on this course you are allocated an instructor throughout the day, as well as having short theory sessions before heading out to try and apply it on the circuit. Three groups based on ability/experience, max of 15 in each. Each group then broken down further with 3 instructors, so you have a LOT of access to your instructor on the track and in debriefs.

And for people like me, who wasn't interested in a "track day", this format breaks down the intimidation factor somewhat.

Several hours of track time and because only one group are on at a time acres of space to go at your pace. A real mix of bikes and riders.

The day was £175, I cannot recommend it enough. Many people there had attended more than one of these, several were seasoned track day enthusiasts but valued the access to the instructors (one of the ones in our group has raced the IOM TT). I'm happy to answer any questions on it, I'm not on commission (!) but I have now seen how a session like this can create some huge leaps in your road riding, having been out a few times since. I wouldn't have considered a track day before this, if that's you I'd say this is one to consider.....

Next bit of personal riding improvement I want to try is some off road!

• Like 1