The hills have eyes

Bender

Will we be allowed to shoot the snitches? Probably not I guess. That's pretty disgusting when you think about it although I'm sure we've all been in a situation where you wished you were a plain clothes cop just to pull in that utter w**ker who just".........!" ( fill in as you wish ). 

The Gestapo was a very underesourced organisation that  operated mainly on  tip offs particularly from people who didn't like their neighbours . 

To be fair those twats shouldn't be driving. On my daily commute I must capture at least half a dozen people a day using their phone while driving, and the number of vehicles that go through traffic lights on red is endless.  

44 minutes ago, dynax said:

It makes you wonder if the training and test are actually fit for purpose with the amount of stupid drivers around.

It's peoples general attitude that seeps into driving that's the problem, we have become a nation of dicks. 

I was stuck behind a car going through a small village, 30mph, he did 20 all the way, it's only a small stretch I know it well,  got to the 60/nl sign and he upped it to 35, there is nearly  800yds of absolutely straight road and no other junctions, I went past him at a safe distance, at no point did I pressure or do anything untoward, once I passed he proceeded to flash his lights like a mad man and then started with the horn, then decided he was in a hurry and wanted to go faster than me, absolute f**kwit. 

1 hour ago, dynax said:

It makes you wonder if the training and test are actually fit for purpose with the amount of stupid drivers around.

It’s not the training and test that’s at fault. Although I think it has been made easier. 

The problem the way I see it is that the roads reflect society. 
The majority of drivers seem to think they can do whatever they please and f**k everyone else. 
This happened to me the other Sunday while driving the car home from work. I actually didn’t spot his signal (until I watched the clip back) and only just avoided the twat. 
He actually threw his arms as to say why did I get in his way!!!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqf48JMl8f2Lv1c8rwi5howO1pO9?e=f65nBH

I’m not sending it off but am building up a nice collection of f**kwit clips

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, fullscreenaging said:

It’s not the training and test that’s at fault. Although I think it has been made easier. 

The problem the way see it is that the roads reflect society. 
The majority of drivers seem to think they can do whatever they please and f**k everyone else. 
This happened to me the other Sunday while driving the car home from work. I actually didn’t spot his signal (until I watched the clip back) and only just avoided the twat. 
He actually threw his arms as to say why did I get in his way!!!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqf48JMl8f2Lv1c8rwi5howO1pO9?e=f65nBH

I’m not sending it off but am building up a nice collection of f**kwit clips

Agree. 

I really wouldn’t use a dash cam on bike or car!! I do experience some complete tw*ts on the road ( e.g. taxi driver in Bristol on Sunday undertaking me in the same lane )

BUT !! I’m in no way perfect & the thought that it might incriminate me puts me right off !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickly said:

I really wouldn’t use a dash cam on bike or car!! I do experience some complete tw*ts on the road ( e.g. taxi driver in Bristol on Sunday undertaking me in the same lane )

BUT !! I’m in no way perfect & the thought that it might incriminate me puts me right off !!

The only reason I have them in/on both car and bike is to act as a ‘witness’ should I need them. As nearly happened in the clip. 
They are definitely a double edged sword though. 

We have them in both cars which has proved useful twice. It persuaded the taxi driver who switched lanes without looking or signaling to pay up without argument. It then proved to a truck company that their driver went straight ahead in a left turn only lane. They also coughed up without further argument.

The standards or driving is getting worse so having them has saved us a shedload of hassle and expense.

Dash cams are okay when it comes to using them to provide evidence in the event of an accident, but they're a double edged sword,  lets face it none of us are perfect.  The problem is there are now far to many "dash cam warriors", who witness something on the road and run home in a weird state of arousal at the thought of posting it on social media, these are the tools who seem to think they're perfection personified and had their licences bestowed upon them by god himself!  Some of these self righteous gits need to get themselves a life......

Its sad but true that there are always plenty of people around who would happily shop someone in order to get even with them or win some petty battle. But what kind of police force would think it a good idea to build its enforcement on that kind of behaviour?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bonio said:

Its sad but true that there are always plenty of people around who would happily shop someone in order to get even with them or win some petty battle. But what kind of police force would think it a good idea to build its enforcement on that kind of behaviour?

No one I'd have any respect for. Shades of the Stasi or other dictatorial forces. Not sure how legal it even would be, surely a decent lawyer could savage them. These things aren't going to be calibrated or anything. I suppose if you insist on doing wheelies on the A303 for miles you may get slapped but just speeding would be a difficult one I think. 

I wish I had my camera on when an idiot cut in front of me just past the end of a slow running lane on the A6. I overtook a queue of cars but pulled back in well clear of anyone, then this twat dives in front and brakes, causing me to slam on the anchors (thank god for abs). I followed him towards Kettering, and when I tried to get in front of him he moved over and  blocked me, twice. I saw red, and managed to undertake him and shot in front and braked hard, then accelerated away, only for him to try and run me into the left lane, but there was not enough of a gap to get alongside me

There was absolutely no need for his antics in the first place, unless he just did not like being overtaken

Edited by billy sugger
Spelling

6 hours ago, billy sugger said:

I wish I had my camera on when an idiot cut in front of me just past the end of a slow running lane on the A6. I overtook a queue of cars but pulled back in well clear of anyone, then this twat dives in front and brakes, causing me to slam on the anchors (thank god for abs). I followed him towards Kettering, and when I tried to get in front of him he moved over and  blocked me, twice. I saw red, and managed to undertake him and shot in front and braked hard, then accelerated away, only for him to try and run me into the left lane, but there was not enough of a gap to get alongside me

There was absolutely no need for his antics in the first place, unless he just did not like being overtaken

Those situations are bad enough, but can be even worse for bikers. I would never put myself in front of someone and force them to use their brakes intentionally because if it goes wrong then I’m the one that’s gonna come off the worst. 
In my opinion you rode like twat and that gives us a bad name. 
I’m no angel on my bike but it’s not worth getting into it with other drivers. 

• Like 1

The pillock who was doing a steady 40 in a single carriageway NSL which is very wide so I was cruising past him doing a gentle overtake. Just as I'd passed him he notices me and floors it. Comes back up my inside but bottles out of actually undertaking me completely.

This manoeuvre he then tries repeating but since the next time he tries it I'm just about to cruise past the car in front he nearly runs into the back of it. 

Idiots like that I just stay well clear of.

Like I said, I lost it. What he did to me to start with was bad enough, but to then deliberately block me from passing him and leaving him behind to his own devices was the reason I returned the favour. He had cut in front of me and braked at less than a cars length away, So I could have ended up in the back of him, if I had not got Abs brakes. My original overtake of a queue of cars was clean and legal, accept for the speed, and at no point in the overtake did I cause him or anyone else any issues. I moved back into the nearside/left lane way before the slow lane ended, and the road was clear of traffic in front for a good length of a football pitch, so he could have passed me and moved over without issue, instead, he chose to cut in dangerously close. To then prevent me from passing twice, and leaving the the twat behind was the last straw, we were now on a duel carriageway and my lane was moving faster than his, so my passing him was legit, so when the opportunity arose I gave him a taste of what he had done to me. I then moved over into the left lane, ready to take the exit, when he then twice tried to force me off the carriageway altogether, but the gap was not big enough for him to get his car in and my exit was just ahead so I peeled off, leaving him on the carriageway 

Google Police Snap ...

See how many uk forces have launched this ability and focus on dash cam footage ... and the prosecutions run quite high .

So this is everywhere .

So make it part of your decision making ..

If i do that how will it be perceived ?

Yes it may be over the speed limit but that takes a bit more for them to prove but are my actions falling into a chargeable catergory ...

This is From Lincs Police 

We receive an average of 80 submissions per month. So far, 21 drivers have attended the “What’s Driving Us ?” course, 14 have been issued with a fixed penalty notice, 16 have received a caution. We have also sent 135 warning letters to let drivers know they have been caught on camera, although, on the occasion filmed, no full offences had been committed.

Out of the 51 drivers who have attended a course, been issued with a fixed penalty notice or received a caution, 38 were men and 13 were women. The age range 20-29 years had the most offenders, with 14 drivers. The highest age range for men is between 40 – 49 years, with 9 offenders and between 20-29 years for women, with 7 drivers.

Types of offences from footage submitted:

• Fail to comply with a lane closure traffic light signal: 3
  • Drive without due care and attention: 31
  • Fail to comply with a stop sign: 16
  • Drive without reasonable consideration: 31
  • Fail to comply with a solid white line: 22
  • Use a mobile phone while driving: 2
  • Stop within a pelican crossing: 2
  • Drive while not in proper control: 2
  • Fail to comply with a road sign or red light: 5
Edited by TimR

Interestingly the highest figures are for  drive without reasonable consideration  &  Drive without due care and attention

Makes sense these are the most reported as it'll be people getting cut up or having to slam on brakes that will be getting annoyed and reporting it

What I don't get is why the guy decided he needed to do it in the first place. Yes, I overtook him, (I assume) and others in a slow moving line of traffic, but that is what the crawler lane was meant for. I did not cut him up or impede him in any way, I was more then a door's width away when passing.