Buying my first 125cc

Sadi

I want to buy my first bike second hand as it just doesn't make sense to buy it brand new. I will use it for commuting but I will definitely upgrade to a bigger bike asap. This bike is just to get experience so I can do my A2 license. My budget is 2k for a used one. I had a Lexmoto LXR 125 in mind but apparently they are not reliable. Any suggestions?

As many will no doubt say - buy most used Japanese bikes and you will not only have better reliability and spares availability but when you come to sell it you will get back what you paid for it or as near as. Impossible to recommend anything in particular since it's a personal choice what suits you. But if you're planning on keeping it for only a short time then look after it and you won't lose anything. With the Lexmoto the value will drop much more.

Go to a dealership, sit on as many as you can, that will give you an idea what suits you best. But if it's a short term ownership then it's not like you're looking for your dream bike.

• Like 2